how to bypass an apple id and password lock on a ipad2 16 gb

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Contacting the original owner and ask him to remove the iPad on his iCloud is the only way that I know of

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
whats the solution

Contacting the original owner and ask him to remove the iPad on his iCloud is the only way that I know of

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4

There is no way around the Activation Lock. Your only option is to contact the previous owner and have them remove it, as 098v says... and that assumes that the device you bought is not stolen and the previous owner is willing/able to do so.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You might as well forget it as Fausty already gave an explanation that should be enough. I always wonder why so many ask this question, They should know how to use the device if the legally own it. #just sayin.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You might as well forget it as Fausty already gave an explanation that should be enough. I always wonder why so many ask this question, They should know how to use the device if the legally own it. #just sayin.

Not necessarily. Could have been bought on Craigslist or ebay. It could have been from the original owner and they didn't even know about find phone. After the ad is deleted you might not have their number or other circumstances.

You would legally own that phone, so it isn't always sketchy.

I buy a lot of phones on Craigslist and know what to check for but I'm sure a lt don't.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm just going to start putting this in every thread like this...

If you buy an iPhone on Craigslist...make sure the person selling it to you does a TOTAL reset in front of you (including turning off find my iPhone).

If you buy an iPhone on eBay...make sure to request this be done before the phone is shipped. If you receive it and it's locked down, contact PayPal and eBay and open a claim IMMEDIATELY. If it's legit, they'll help you very quickly, if it's not legit, PayPal will refund your money very quickly.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If there was a way to bypass it, then what would be the point of Apple having it on their devices?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm really starting to think that a sticky needs to made explaining activation lock...
It exists in another forum... And since this 'Questions' forum gets traffic that's not all that prone to search before posting, they're certainly a not likely to look for a sticky either... It's a no-win situation...

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm sad to say that I learned about activation lock today when I bought a iPhone 5 on craigslist today. Apple explained it to me when I went there to get a new sim. I never new about it. The apple rep was kind enough to give me the email address of the original owner but she hasn't responded to my emails. It's not the person I bought it from. I tried to turn it into Apple but they wouldn't take it and said it wasn't reported lost or stolen. So I told the original owner I will turn it into the police station just incase they really did lose it. I'm out the money but I want the original owner to have it if they really did lose it. Hopefully I will get some kind of reply from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad to say that I learned about activation lock today when I bought a iPhone 5 on craigslist today. Apple explained it to me when I went there to get a new sim. I never new about it. The apple rep was kind enough to give me the email address of the original owner but she hasn't responded to my emails. It's not the person I bought it from. I tried to turn it into Apple but they wouldn't take it and said it wasn't reported lost or stolen. So I told the original owner I will turn it into the police station just incase they really did lose it. I'm out the money but I want the original owner to have it if they really did lose it. Hopefully I will get some kind of reply from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, my friend....:), and I'd like to believe that because you're doing the right thing, your good deed will eventually pay off.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
The police station is right across the street from my job so I'm going there on my lunch break. Hopefully Apple and the original owner can together straighten it out after I turn it in. I'm so sad because I sold my previous iPhone to help my daughter with her bills. So I will wait again for another one.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Got a new iPhone 5c to replace the phone I purchased that I couldn't use. :)

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Just and update. The original owner of the phone I bought called me Friday. It wasn't on the lost or stolen list because she switched her service to another phone when she lost it. I had her meet me at my job and I returned this phone to her. She kept apologizing for me losing all the money. I was glad to give it back to her.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2