I have an ipad 4 upgraded to iO6. I can't load mobile data on it because it does not have sim application when I go through the process from settings - mobile data - ???
    Does that mean I have to remove my sim and load using a phone all the time? please help!
    01-09-2014 05:36 AM
    What are you looking to load? Can't you go through wifi?
    01-09-2014 05:59 AM
    phreddyl,
    It works in wifi environment, but I am concerned about the time I would not be in wifi areas.
    Last edited by Olutayo Fasipe; 01-09-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    01-09-2014 07:50 AM
    lol...do you guys even try on the titles anymore?

I'm going to assume that you're asking how you can use data on your iPad...the first thing we would need to know is whether or not your iPad was a WiFi only model or one with a cellular radio as well. If yours is a WiFi only model, obviously it can only connect via a wireless source (hotspot, router, etc). If you have an iPad with a cellular radio as well, you will need to subscribe via your carrier for a data plan with it...some carriers offer a small amount of free data (Tmobile for instance offers 200MB or something like that), but you still have to have their SIM installed in the device and you still have to sign up before you can use it (you don't have to sign up for a data plan, but you do have to register with them).
    01-09-2014 07:51 AM
    I have a sim installed and the network appears on the top let corner. The Problem is that when I go to settings --> Mobile Data ---> .... There is no sim application as expected. Thanks.
    01-09-2014 07:56 AM
    I have a sim installed and the network appears on the top let corner. The Problem is that when I go to settings --> Mobile Data ---> .... There is no sim application as expected. Thanks.
    What do you mean by sim application?
    01-09-2014 07:59 AM
    I have no idea what you're referencing in this...as Karen asked, what is a SIM application?
    01-09-2014 08:07 AM
    it is expected that an icon for sim application will appear which i should click/touch to bring on the tool and recharge icon respectively.
    01-09-2014 08:13 AM
    it is expected that an icon for sim application will appear which i should click/touch to bring on the tool and recharge icon respectively.
    I think we're having a language barrier issue here, because I'm still quite lost as to what you're referencing...when you open your cellular settings for the iPad, it's a very basic allotment of settings you can adjust, none of which is a "SIM Application" as you call it.

What exactly are you trying to do on your iPad? That may help us understand what you're referencing here.
    01-09-2014 08:19 AM
    I can't see any cellular setting here. From the main menu, I go to settings which takes me through the whole 'nine yards'. There is mobile data just below bluetooth. when i touch Mobile Data to open its menu I can't find anything that can help me recharge my phone for data bundle. I am trying to load data bundle on the ipad. Here one can subscribe for a month or more, but you've got to load the sim first.
    01-09-2014 08:41 AM
    I can't see any cellular setting here. From the main menu, I go to settings which takes me through the whole 'nine yards'. There is mobile data just below bluetooth. when i touch Mobile Data to open its menu I can't find anything that can help me recharge my phone for data bundle. I am trying to load data bundle on the ipad. Here one can subscribe for a month or more, but you've got to load the sim first.
    You're not seeing it on your iPad because you don't "charge" your data plan through your iPad, you do that directly through your carrier...you will need to contact your carrier, inquire about the iPad data plans, and then sign up. The iPad automatically connects if you have the proper SIM installed in it.
    01-09-2014 09:19 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate your help.
    01-09-2014 09:37 AM