Syncing calendars from ipad to laptop (Mac Book Pro)

I

iMore Question

I just got a new ipad mini for Christmas and am learning how to use it. I've been able to sync my laptop calendar to the mini, but changes on the mini calendar are not reflected on the laptop calendar. My operating system on the laptop is still OS X 10.6.8 and the version of the ical is 4.0.4. Is this the problem?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If I am not mistaken I remember something similar like this just happened yesterday with a question pretty close. Thew advice from one of our more informed Mods was that they needed to upgrade their MBP to Mavericks for free and this will solve their problem and I believe this to be true with your situation here as well. Try that and let us know.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars and you have to go they iCloud. But to get iCloud you need to upgrade to at least Mountain Lion and you might as well go to Mavericks since it is a free upgrade.

iTunes up to v11 will still sync Calendars and Contacts in Lion and Mountain Lion. In Mavericks, iTunes no longer supports syncing Calendars and Contacts via that interface. iCloud is all you have, but as Karen points out, you need at least Mountain Lion ($19 upgrade) or go all the way to Mavericks for free.

iTunes 11 for Mac: Sync contacts, calendars, and other info with iPod, iPhone, or iPad

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73