My GPS isn't working properly anymore. Can someone help?

I

iMore Question

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1. I'm not sure why, but something is wrong with my GPS. It never had this problem before. It's been going on for the past 2 months, but I didn't get a chance to look into it because of school. Whenever I go into any GPS application (Google Maps, Apple Maps), my location keeps moving around for a bit. It doesn't stay in place. Sometimes it gives me the wrong location. This hasn't happened before. If I leave it on for a while, it'll eventually get to a location that's close to where I am. When I'm driving, it'll sometimes show me in a building, not even on the road. When I'm driving, it updates maybe every 5 minutes, and even then it's wrong. I never had this problem before. It's been going on since November. I think it might have happened after I put my phone into airplane mode and then put it back out of airplane mode. I thought maybe it was a hardware issue, because this didn't happen on my old iPhone 4. I decided to test that theory out by restoring my iPod Touch with a backup of my iPhone 5. When I did that, my iPhone 4 started having the same problem. So, I'm guessing this has something to do with something installed on my iPhone 5. My iPhone 4 didn't have this problem until I restored it with my iPhone 5 backup. When I restored it like that, I put iOS 7 on my iPhone 4, and it wasn't jailbroken, so it didn't have Cydia or anything from Cydia installed on it. I tested to see if something from Cydia was causing the problem on my iPhone 5 by disabling all Cydia tweaks that run off of mobile substrate, but that didn't fix the problem either. At this point, I'm at a loss. I have no idea what to do. The only thing that I can think of to fix it is to restore my iPhone 5 to factory settings. I don't want to do that though because I would lose all my old messages, and I would have to manually download everything again, and I really don't want to do that. Does anyone have any advice on what I could do? I really need my GPS to start working properly again.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you using any kind of a case that has metal or a magnet in it? If so, try using any app using gps with that case removed...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Save an icloud backup and test to see if gps works perfectly on your iPhone 4. It will also save the messages. If it's working perfectly, then you should do the same with your iPhone 5 and then restore from an iCloud backup. Good luck. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro