Hello. I have iPhone 5. I wanted to download free apps and i heard about jailbreak. I jailbreaked my iphone and then i had reboot problem. I found soloution for this reboot. I restored my iphone and after that i cant activate my iphone anymore. I want to get rid of jailbreak and i want to activate my iphone. Iphone always says : Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again over the cellular connection in a couple of minutes. You can also try to activate usin a Wi-Fi connection.
    Itunes says : We're sorry, we are unable to contiune with your activation at this time. Please try again later, or contact custom care.
    01-07-2014 03:21 PM
    Try a DFU restore.

This will get rid of the jailbreak and bring the iPhone back to factory out of the box settings.

The second you call customer care, they will not help you if you say you jailbroke the device and now it's stuck on reboot or won't activate.

Also, the jailbreak may have failed if you had updated to iOS 7.0.4 via OTA updates. The jailbreak is not compatible with the OTA updates. Once you restore you could try the jailbreak again and be ok.
    kataran likes this.
    01-07-2014 03:25 PM
    how i can do DFU restore ?
    01-07-2014 03:37 PM
    how i can do DFU restore ?

Link

01-07-2014 03:42 PM
    Like i said at first place. I have been done that restore thing.
    01-07-2014 03:44 PM
    Like i said at first place. I have been done that restore thing.
    A DFU restore is different than just connecting and clicking the restore button. When you put your phone into DFU mode, iTunes puts the phone into recovery mode and then iTunes views it differently than just a phone ready for activation with an account. This is the only option I can think of that might work for you.

If not, the only other thing would be to contact customer care but you of course don't want to let them know you jailbroke the device as they will be hands off.
    01-07-2014 03:50 PM
    Okey now i am in dfu mode. Do i restore ?
    01-07-2014 04:02 PM
    Okey now i am in dfu mode. Do i restore ? Iphone screen is black and itunes says that recovery thing. And my sim card is out not in the iphone !
    01-07-2014 04:03 PM
    Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions)

1. Plug your device into your computer.

2. Turn off the device.

3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds

4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds

5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button

6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    01-07-2014 04:15 PM
    Okey now i am in dfu mode. Do i restore ?
    Yes

01-07-2014 04:16 PM
    Okey now its restoring. I hope everything goes right.
    01-07-2014 04:18 PM
    Okey now its restoring. I hope everything goes right.
    You should be fine 👍

01-07-2014 04:19 PM
    After that. Do i put my sim card in. Unlock and hope to get activated ?
    01-07-2014 04:21 PM
    This should had been your first step before JB it was written in the Read me

01-07-2014 04:21 PM
    After that. Do i put my sim card in. Unlock and hope to get activated ?
    Unlocking is another step

01-07-2014 04:22 PM
    Okey restore is done. Now i am in the beginning. Whats next ?
    01-07-2014 04:24 PM
    Are you using an official carrier or trying to unlock the device? If the device is carrier unlocked, it should show immediately after connecting it. I don't believe their has been a software unlock for the iPhone 5.

Now that you are fresh restored, if you still get the issue with iTunes not activating, you can safely call customer care and ask for assitance if that didn't take care of your issue. Good luck.
    kataran likes this.
    01-07-2014 04:30 PM
    Ok you stated you need to unlock for Sim correct?

01-07-2014 04:30 PM
    Yes
    01-07-2014 04:32 PM
    Yes

If the iPhone is not factory/carrier unlocked for the sim you're trying to use, that would be the reason you're getting this "unable to activate" error.
    01-07-2014 04:35 PM
    I bought the iPhone from norway. I live in estonia and i have estonia sim card. First time i got that message when i put my estonian sim card (SIM Not Valid). Then my friend called to norway mobile centre and they said, they will unlock my iphone for any sim card. Now if i put my sim card in. Its always say Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again over the cellular connection in a couple of minutes. You can also try to activate usin a Wi-Fi connection.
    01-07-2014 04:43 PM
    But we called today. Maybe i have to wait one day to factory unlock ?
    01-07-2014 04:45 PM
    I bought the iPhone from norway. I live in estonia and i have estonia sim card. First time i got that message when i put my estonian sim card (SIM Not Valid). Then my friend called to norway mobile centre and they said, they will unlock my iphone for any sim card. Now if i put my sim card in. Its always say Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again over the cellular connection in a couple of minutes. You can also try to activate usin a Wi-Fi connection.
    Hmm... only thing I can think is that it wasn't properly unlocked. As I stated in my pm, I'm not super familiar with unlocking but I did think once it was carrier unlocked, it should be unlocked for life even if you have to restore as it's based on the IMEI number assigned to the phone (which never changes).

I would call your friend again and see if they wouldn't mind calling the original carrier again to see if they can check the IMEI number to see if it's properly unlocked. Or I'm not 100% on this but Apple Customer Care may be able to check that for you.
    01-07-2014 04:46 PM
    But we called today. Maybe i have to wait one day to factory unlock ?
    Not sure about there but I know factory unlocks here in the US can take up to 5 business days.
    01-07-2014 04:48 PM
    I checked my ICCID. Now i have there some code. But last time there was ICCID: Unknow. What is ICCID ?
    01-07-2014 04:50 PM
28 12