Iphone 5 big big problem !

I

iMore Question

Hello. I have iPhone 5. I wanted to download free apps and i heard about jailbreak. I jailbreaked my iphone and then i had reboot problem. I found soloution for this reboot. I restored my iphone and after that i cant activate my iphone anymore. I want to get rid of jailbreak and i want to activate my iphone. Iphone always says : Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again over the cellular connection in a couple of minutes. You can also try to activate usin a Wi-Fi connection.
Itunes says : We're sorry, we are unable to contiune with your activation at this time. Please try again later, or contact custom care.

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Try a DFU restore.

This will get rid of the jailbreak and bring the iPhone back to factory out of the box settings.

The second you call customer care, they will not help you if you say you jailbroke the device and now it's stuck on reboot or won't activate.

Also, the jailbreak may have failed if you had updated to iOS 7.0.4 via OTA updates. The jailbreak is not compatible with the OTA updates. Once you restore you could try the jailbreak again and be ok.

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Like i said at first place. I have been done that restore thing.

A DFU restore is different than just connecting and clicking the restore button. When you put your phone into DFU mode, iTunes puts the phone into recovery mode and then iTunes views it differently than just a phone ready for activation with an account. This is the only option I can think of that might work for you.

If not, the only other thing would be to contact customer care but you of course don't want to let them know you jailbroke the device as they will be hands off.

Henrii

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Okey now i am in dfu mode. Do i restore ? Iphone screen is black and itunes says that recovery thing. And my sim card is out not in the iphone !

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions)

1. Plug your device into your computer.

2. Turn off the device.

3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds

4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds

5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button

6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This should had been your first step before JB it was written in the Read me

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Okey restore is done. Now i am in the beginning. Whats next ?

Are you using an official carrier or trying to unlock the device? If the device is carrier unlocked, it should show immediately after connecting it. I don't believe their has been a software unlock for the iPhone 5.

Now that you are fresh restored, if you still get the issue with iTunes not activating, you can safely call customer care and ask for assitance if that didn't take care of your issue. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods