I forgot my iCloud password. How so I reclaim it?

I

iMore Question

HELP, How do I get my password for icloud I forgot it, but can't seem to find the right spot to reset the password.

Thanks!

pankajcd

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
HELP, How do I get my password for icloud I forgot it, but can't seem to find the right spot to reset the password.. Now i want to remove my icloud password & reset my iphone.

Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What if your iCloud password is different from your iTunes Apple ID password? How would you recover the iCloud password if you forgot it?

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What if your iCloud password is different from your iTunes Apple ID password? How would you recover the iCloud password if you forgot it?

The process is still the same? If you cannot remember the passcode or the associated security questions, you're S.O.L. All data associated with the account will be in limbo and unavailable to you. That is why you should export your calendar(s) and contacts every so often, as well as keep copies of your documents in various places.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The process is still the same? If you cannot remember the passcode or the associated security questions, you're S.O.L. All data associated with the account will be in limbo and unavailable to you. That is why you should export your calendar(s) and contacts every so often, as well as keep copies of your documents in various places.

But the iTunes Apple ID is not always the same as the iCloud ID and password. My wife and I share the same iTunes Apple ID. But her iCloud Apple ID and password are different. So if she were to forget her iCloud password, how would she recover it? It can't be the same one used for iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But the iTunes Apple ID is not always the same as the iCloud ID and password. My wife and I share the same iTunes Apple ID. But her iCloud Apple ID and password are different. So if she were to forget her iCloud password, how would she recover it? It can't be the same one used for iTunes.

It doesn't matter. She will still have to go through Apple's retrieval process. Instead of going directly to https://appleid.apple.com, she could go to https://www.icloud.com. When she does, she will be greeted with the following screen:

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 12.07.02 PM.png

At the bottom, as depicted by the arrow, she will select "Forgot ID or Password". After doing so, she will see the below screen.

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 12.07.34 PM.png

Enter the Apple ID -- in this case, her iCloud ID. If she doesn't remember her iCloud ID, she can select the "Forgot Your Apple ID" option as depicted in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 12.07.48 PM.png

She will then have to fill out the information depicted in the screen below.

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 12.08.13 PM.png

Mifzal Mufthi

Banned
Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Isn't there an option to remove iCloud? My friend has bought a phone and it is on activation lock screen at the moment. It will be a great help.

Posted via iMore App

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Isn't there an option to remove iCloud? My friend has bought a phone and it is on activation lock screen at the moment. It will be a great help.

Posted via iMore App
There is no way to bypass the activation lock without knowing the iCloud credentials.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Posted via iMore App

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and (1) get the seller to remove the device from their iCloud account, or (2) get your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight. You might be able to get a refund if you paid for the device with Paypal - just file a claim and see what happens. Otherwise, you are simply out of luck.

So there it is. If it's your device, use the link (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid) to reset the login. If you purchased the device from someone on eBay or CraigsList or a similar site, take whatever recourse you have against the seller to recover your cash.

In the future, before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner