# sign in contact list and all new contacts are above it??? help please

I

iMore Question

im new to iphones and i have a 4 , i used cloud and itunes to get my contacts moved to this phone BUT at the top of my contact list is a # sign and there is like 4 of my contacts above that # sign and it wont put them in order like all the rest of the contacts, i tried deleting them contacts and adding them back latter and it still puts them at the top above the # sign and not in order :( can anybody help me get this fixed? thanks so much

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do the following IF YOU'RE CERTAIN that you have your contacts online via iCloud. If not, double-check before proceeding.

1. Delete your iCloud account and it's data and then turn the phone off.

2. Logo. To www.iCloud.com, click on the contacts icon, and then verify the information listed.

3. Manually clean up any discrepancies.

4. Turn on your device, and then reconfigure it with iCloud. Afterwards, enable contacts to be synced in the iCloud setting.

In a few moments, those contacts will sync to your device as-is.

itcouldbe

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
tried that it didnt work :(

what it says is.....

my number xxxxxxxxxxx
J
James
Jenny
M
Mom
P
Pat
R
robin
#
Advance
Allie
and the rest is in order

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you did exactly as directed in my previous post, you shouldn't have any issues. Do you have any other configured email account on your device and are syncing contacts from that particular account? If so, go to the email settings for that account and disable syncing of those contacts. Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2