i bought a iphone 4 gs . unlocked, guy forgot to take off his passcode. ios 7.0.4. can I somehow get into phone to contact him to give me passcode? just need his phone number.
    01-03-2014 01:20 PM
    If it's passcode locked, there's no getting into it.
    sapphire54 likes this.
    01-03-2014 01:22 PM
    First how do you know his number is in the phone

Second this all seems a little strange if you bought it on eBay you have his info if you bought it face to face you should have checked it before he left

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    01-03-2014 02:16 PM
    Those of you coming here with these similar kinds of problems...let me offer you a nickels worth of free advice...

If you buy an iPhone from someone, make sure they reset all settings on the phone IN FRONT OF YOU when you buy it. This will require them to remove passwords, and will save you time when trying to restore the phone with your own back up. It will also keep you from having to ask questions like "I don't have the password for this locked phone...can you help me?", because the answer will ALWAYS be no. I phone should not be locked when you buy it...and if the person can't reset the device with you there to watch it done, walk away.
    01-03-2014 02:26 PM
    These kind of questions also make me wonder if the phone in question was "found" and people are looking for ways around security settings.
    kataran and Fausty82 like this.
    01-03-2014 03:24 PM
    Can I bypass the lock screen w/out the password?-moneyinthetoilet.png
    kataran likes this.
    01-03-2014 03:28 PM
    Yeah, seems strange someone would sell a phone without first wiping all of their data, settings, etc.
    01-03-2014 04:02 PM
    Yeah, seems strange someone would sell a phone without first wiping all of their data, settings, etc.
    People steal iPhones put them eBay and C List. Gotta be aware of the game.
    01-03-2014 04:21 PM
    People steal iPhones put them eBay and C List. Gotta be aware of the game.
    If you buy it on eBay, you use PayPal to process the payment for it...when you do that, and someone sends you a locked iPhone and won't unlock it, you request a refund from PayPal for "Item not as described", and you attempt to send it back. They will refund your money and take it up with the seller.

On Craigslist, as stated above, you simply have the person reset all settings on the iPhone BEFORE you give them any money. This proves the device works AND keeps you from this situation. They will usually walk if it's a scam, and if it's not a scam, they will never have any issue doing this for you (as it saves their asses too).
    01-03-2014 04:31 PM