Accepting calendar invites deletes the email

I

iMore Question

When I accept the calendar invite in the calendar app it deletes the email invite in the mail app. How do I keep it form doing that I'd like to keep the email because it usually has documents attached to the calendar invite that I use for work? The reason I need to keep it because the calendar app does not allow you to view any attachments on the calendar invite.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What email service is associated with your calendar? The reason I ask is because with iCloud, whenever I send or receive a calendar invite, the people I send invites to and who send them to me get alerted via the Calendar app only.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming this is an Exchange email account? In that case, this is expected behaviour and is an Exchange setting rather than something on your phone. If you have access to your email through a web portal, you should be able to see the attachments on the calendar there. Although I'm not 100% sure how it works, I believe the invite is deleted, but a duplicate is created in your calendar, which contains any attachments from the original invite.

Alternatively, you could just configure Outlook to not auto-delete the meeting requests.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/o...n-the-inbox-after-responding-HP005243136.aspx

ajgeorge2011

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
You are correct I am using a Exchange server but it is Outlook 365. In the option, mail, delete meeting requests and notifications from inbox after responding is unchecked. The email only gets deleted if I accept the invitation from the calendar inbox. If I accept it from outlook the email stays but my calendar inbox on the iPad still says I have a unread invite and if I go in there and accept it then the email gets deleted. If there is no way around this then I'll live its just really annoying that I can't change it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I used to send an invite to my Wife for a Dr appointment, it went to her email where she would accept. It's changed! Now, instead of it going to her email, it is done in the Calendar app. But I haven't seen a notification that it's there. I at first thought it had quit working. I found it in her Calendar app by chance. How is anyone to know they have an invite? Opening the Calendar app doesn't show anything until you tap that day. What am I missing?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro