Icloud ID

I

iMore Question

I can't figure out how my icloud account on my iPad got set up with an Apple ID fro YEARS ago (before there was such a thing as the cloud). I can't delete it b/c I don't have the password and trying to access it through the security questions doesn't work b/c it doesn't recognize my birthday as correct. I can't edit the id to reflect my current id. Any suggestions

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling that someone else used the same ID name, maybe, for example instead of johnsmith@hotmail.com, they accidentally created johnsmith@yahoo.com (which was your email), realised they made a mistake, left that alone and forgotten, and created another ID with correct email. But the initial ID is still on the servers unused.. I recommend calling Apple ID support and prove them it's your email and that you want to get it straightened out with correct password and security questions. (just tell them you forgot all that info - they'll probably email a confirmation to make sure its yours and then you can have them reset it all - probably). Good luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2