Jailbreaking iphone 5s

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys recommend jailbreaking iphone 5s ?
I had rooted my smybian phone (nokia 5800) and then the samsung galaxy s2 .
Didn't do much with the htc one !
Initially, i had planned not to jailbreak my iphone but now kind of thinking of trying it .
What do you guys suggest ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What do "you" hope to accomplish by jailbreaking your iPhone 5S? Is there anything specific you "need" to accomplish with the device that can only be accomplished with a jailbreak?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Before jailbreaking your device, I'd recommend reading up on how to jb your 5S and weigh the pros/cons yourself. We have a large jailbreak section here under the iOS forum. JB is a sub-forum there

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Personally, this jailbreak has been the first to make me wary about proceeding with it (which is why I haven't done it yet)...personally, I would wait for the JB on iOS 7.1, just because it seems they will have worked many of these bugs out (keep in mind that the recent JB is the first we've seen in quite some time). Hopefully a 7.1 JB will be right on the heels of the firmwares official release.

That's just me though, this first one shied me away.

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree with all the above-listed posts.

I just bought my iPhone 5S and I have jailbroken it already just because I wanted to make sure it was jailbroken with no issues. If something messes up with the jailbreak, you can always do a fresh restore to the same firmware and try it again. If you wait to jailbreak your iOS 7.0.4 iDevice and Apple releases iOS 7.1, and THEN you have a problem running the jailbreak on 7.0.4, then you will be forced to restore to iOS 7.1 since they usually stop signing the previous firmware and possibly not be able to jailbreak.

Even though I currently have a jailbroken iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4, the only thing I've installed from Cydia is iFile purely because nothing else seems to be working yet.

The current jailbreak is said to jailbreak iOS 7.1 beta 1 and iOS 7.1 beta 2 but if they patch the exploit in the official release of iOS 7.1, then you will be stuck without a jailbreak until a new exploit is found and released.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi people, I have an iPhone 5s and I don't know the iCloud password. So I can't turn off the "find my iPhone app", so....can't restore!
If i jailbreak, will pass this problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods