I bought a new Apple TV remote off apple store app, apparently it got delivered to my house today I know nobody was home because my grandfather passed away last night and my entire family was at church I called ups and they told me to contact apple regarding not receiving my package. Funny thing is someone signed writing only JAL but I always sign my full name how do I contact apple regarding not recieving it?
    12-30-2013 08:04 PM
    Apple isn't responsible for someone signing for a package at your house for you...you need to contact UPS.
    12-30-2013 08:06 PM
    Apple isn't responsible for someone signing for a package at your house for you...you need to contact UPS.
    They said to contact apple than apple contacts ups and than ups will investigate
    12-30-2013 08:17 PM
    *then

Did you tell UPS that you didn't receive your package? Or did you tell them that someone else signed for it? Again, Apple isn't responsible for someone signing for your package from UPS at your home, and unless they just make an exception (which is very possible seeing as their customer service is 2nd to none), you might be SOL.
    12-30-2013 08:26 PM
    So what are you saying? I lost my package and I have to fiend money to buy it again?
    12-31-2013 08:26 AM
    Easy I know your upset and sorry for your loss family and package

UPS is responsible if someone signed for the package they should know who that person is I would contact them again and get to the bottom of this

In the mean time if you have an iPhone download the Remote app and use it to control your Apple TV

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    12-31-2013 08:36 AM
    I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you find your new TV remote. Good luck!
    12-31-2013 09:15 AM
    Easy I know your upset and sorry for your loss family and package

UPS is responsible if someone signed for the package they should know who that person is I would contact them again and get to the bottom of this

In the mean time if you have an iPhone download the Remote app and use it to control your Apple TV

or just replace the battery in your old remote
    kataran likes this.
    12-31-2013 09:20 AM
    I would also talk to UPS- Most neighborhoods have the same driver and they can probably shed some light on where it is- also maybe check with neighbors- possibly someone else signed for you
    12-31-2013 09:22 AM
    Sorry for your loss.

If someone signed for the package and it wasn't you then it's on UPS.

Apple just sticks a label on it and sends it.

What do you think could have happened? Was someone waiting in front of your house and said they live their? Was it a stranger? How did they know to sign even a abbreviation of your name? If it was a stranger.
    12-31-2013 10:24 AM
    They said to contact apple than apple contacts ups and than ups will investigate
    First of all, sorry to hear of your loss.

You bought the item from Apple. Apple contracted with UPS to deliver the product. All requests for investigation have to come from the carrier (UPS) customer (Apple). Contact Apple and explain what happened. Explain that you believe that someone fraudulently intercepted your delivery and ask them to investigate.
    12-31-2013 10:45 AM
    Sorry guys I don't mean to come off upset i am fine I mean thank god it's only 19$ and not like hundreds but ya I found it odd when she told me to contact apple when it's clearly Ups fault and here is the status signed by JAL my names Jaleel Hamid and I use my full name on signatures and if my family was home they'd do third own name it's just upsetting because UPS ****ed up. Someone signed for the UPS delivery of my Apple TV-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1388510530.737036.jpg
    12-31-2013 12:23 PM
    okay guys so GOOD NEWS apparently the damn UPS guy signed it himself and left the box on my porch behind my bag of salt hidden! what a guy almost made me go through all that just because he wanted to save his own damn time! thank you all for the HELP! i got my new remote kinda sucks its not in plastic tho so it doesn't get dirty but it came in this plastic cover which i can only really use it on the back because if i use it on the front it won't let me click the buttons! but I'm relieved
    12-31-2013 01:00 PM
    okay guys so GOOD NEWS apparently the damn UPS guy signed it himself and left the box on my porch behind my bag of salt hidden! what a guy almost made me go through all that just because he wanted to save his own damn time! thank you all for the HELP! i got my new remote kinda sucks its not in plastic tho so it doesn't get dirty but it came in this plastic cover which i can only really use it on the back because if i use it on the front it won't let me click the buttons! but I'm relieved
    I'm glad everything worked out for you. I think it was actually smart of him to hide the package so nobody steals it.

This post was made by Tiffany
    12-31-2013 01:03 PM
    Could it be with a neighbor?

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    12-31-2013 01:33 PM
    Glad you got your remote. Now what's this about the plastic?
    12-31-2013 01:34 PM
    The delivery guy probably got angry and didn't want to wait. Glad you got your remote.
    Last edited by galaxyboy; 12-31-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    12-31-2013 01:52 PM
    I'm glad you have your remote.
    12-31-2013 02:14 PM
    So everything worked out and here is a thread that went way too far. There is a valuble lesson here even though you could not help being home because of your family loss which I feel bad for you about...From now on set alternative arrangements should you might not be home. I always have things like that sent to my office and not my house unless I know I am going to be home.
    12-31-2013 02:19 PM
    Glad it all worked out

12-31-2013 02:24 PM
    UPS is instructed to leave a package in an out of sight and, if possible, hidden area if the package doesn't require a signature to be left at a delivery location. I'm guessing you're pretty young and have little experience with shipping stuff, otherwise my guess would be that you would have found your remote pretty quickly.

To answer your ridiculous question you posed earlier (not that it has any relevance anymore, but your tone was hilarious so I figured I'd retort)...

So what are you saying? I lost my package and I have to fiend money to buy it again?
    Never in any of my posts did I say you lost your own package...in fact, I quite clearly said that your package being signed by someone using your name would be the responsibility of UPS and that person who signed your name (UPS for not verifying who was signing...which they usually don't, and the person for being dishonest and doing it)...the second part is kind of a given, if someone steals your stuff and you have no real recourse of getting it back, yes...you have to buy it again. It's part of being an adult...

You got your little remote now though, so calm down and breath.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    01-01-2014 02:58 PM
    Lol thanks i am fine and was fine it was only. 10$ remote
    01-01-2014 03:41 PM
    With it being the holidays, something tells me a ups employee might've "signed" when no one answered the door.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    01-01-2014 07:22 PM
    its not just about the UPS man saving his time. Think how upset you get when you come home to a yellow sticker on your door that says you missed your delivery man and he will try again tomorrow.

My UPS man is great, I have had the same guy for 20 years. Even FEDEX (that rotate drivers all of the time) is great. I had a package delivered but I never got it. I called the merchant first, they said it was delivered two days ago, I called FED EX, they said it was delivered. After a short conversation, the agent that I was talking to, decided to call the driver. The driver remembered delivering it to "the house on the corner" I dont live on a corner. That same FEDEX driver was on his way home, drove out of his way to my neighborhood, knocked on the house that he delivered the package, and brought it to me.

When in doubt, call the delivery company, they are usually very good
    Fausty82 likes this.
    01-03-2014 09:37 AM
    its not just about the UPS man saving his time. Think how upset you get when you come home to a yellow sticker on your door that says you missed your delivery man and he will try again tomorrow.

My UPS man is great, I have had the same guy for 20 years. Even FEDEX (that rotate drivers all of the time) is great. I had a package delivered but I never got it. I called the merchant first, they said it was delivered two days ago, I called FED EX, they said it was delivered. After a short conversation, the agent that I was talking to, decided to call the driver. The driver remembered delivering it to "the house on the corner" I dont live on a corner. That same FEDEX driver was on his way home, drove out of his way to my neighborhood, knocked on the house that he delivered the package, and brought it to me.

When in doubt, call the delivery company, they are usually very good
    Your right lol it just gave me a panic
    01-03-2014 06:31 PM
29 12