Someone signed for the UPS delivery of my Apple TV

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
UPS is instructed to leave a package in an out of sight and, if possible, hidden area if the package doesn't require a signature to be left at a delivery location. I'm guessing you're pretty young and have little experience with shipping stuff, otherwise my guess would be that you would have found your remote pretty quickly.

To answer your ridiculous question you posed earlier (not that it has any relevance anymore, but your tone was hilarious so I figured I'd retort)...

So what are you saying? I lost my package and I have to fiend money to buy it again?

Never in any of my posts did I say you lost your own package...in fact, I quite clearly said that your package being signed by someone using your name would be the responsibility of UPS and that person who signed your name (UPS for not verifying who was signing...which they usually don't, and the person for being dishonest and doing it)...the second part is kind of a given, if someone steals your stuff and you have no real recourse of getting it back, yes...you have to buy it again. It's part of being an adult...

You got your little remote now though, so calm down and breath.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
With it being the holidays, something tells me a ups employee might've "signed" when no one answered the door.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
its not just about the UPS man saving his time. Think how upset you get when you come home to a yellow sticker on your door that says you missed your delivery man and he will try again tomorrow.

My UPS man is great, I have had the same guy for 20 years. Even FEDEX (that rotate drivers all of the time) is great. I had a package delivered but I never got it. I called the merchant first, they said it was delivered two days ago, I called FED EX, they said it was delivered. After a short conversation, the agent that I was talking to, decided to call the driver. The driver remembered delivering it to "the house on the corner" I dont live on a corner. That same FEDEX driver was on his way home, drove out of his way to my neighborhood, knocked on the house that he delivered the package, and brought it to me.

When in doubt, call the delivery company, they are usually very good

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
its not just about the UPS man saving his time. Think how upset you get when you come home to a yellow sticker on your door that says you missed your delivery man and he will try again tomorrow.

My UPS man is great, I have had the same guy for 20 years. Even FEDEX (that rotate drivers all of the time) is great. I had a package delivered but I never got it. I called the merchant first, they said it was delivered two days ago, I called FED EX, they said it was delivered. After a short conversation, the agent that I was talking to, decided to call the driver. The driver remembered delivering it to "the house on the corner" I dont live on a corner. That same FEDEX driver was on his way home, drove out of his way to my neighborhood, knocked on the house that he delivered the package, and brought it to me.

When in doubt, call the delivery company, they are usually very good

Your right lol it just gave me a panic

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is a Duh! moment.

Maybe...:)...It also could just be a new member answering a question and not realizing or even thinking to take into account the age of the thread he or she responded to. Know what I mean?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox