Diagnostic and usage data

kunstmilch

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been checking this section at least once a week to see what's going on, I haven't experienced as crazy glitches as some, but the occasional crash happens, according to my phone it's constantly in low memory and crashing. There was a report on there earlier titled "dataaccessed" with the date after it... It had lots of "private" throughout the code info which concerns me, so who exactly is accessing this data? Is this a normal report? I just went back to find it for image capture and now it's gone! I swear it was just there...wtf? Anyone know about this???

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you are in the right forum my friend? No problems here. If you experience anything contact iMore from the blog side to notify them and they will check into it.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The low memory warnings are normal, and aren't likely causing crashes. I believe the reports themselves don't go anywhere unless you choose to submit them to Apple.

kunstmilch

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad to hear the low memory warnings are normal. The main point of my question wasn't about just checking these things randomly. What I was trying to point out was the data accessed one. I guess I should've worded my question better. I'm trying to figure out what data accessed means in terms of the diagnostics and usage. I guess I better question or a better worded question would be, are data accessed logs also normal like the low memory logs or could it be that my phone took a log of someone prying in on a public Wi-Fi for instance?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to hear the low memory warnings are normal. The main point of my question wasn't about just checking these things randomly. What I was trying to point out was the data accessed one. I guess I should've worded my question better. I'm trying to figure out what data accessed means in terms of the diagnostics and usage. I guess I better question or a better worded question would be, are data accessed logs also normal like the low memory logs or could it be that my phone took a log of someone prying in on a public Wi-Fi for instance?

It has no relevance to someone prying...take comfort in knowing that.

I guess the best way I could describe this would be from my automotive experience...if you hooked up your car to a machine that ran constant, 24/7 diagnostic reports on what your engine was doing, you'd be terrified to drive your car in fear that it was going fail at any moment. The same can be deduced from these iPhone reports...where many of the things you see that would probably throw up some kind of "flag" for you are just normal processing that are not relevant to any kind of problem, but more for reading reports as a larger "whole" if a developer wanted to see inconsistencies.

kunstmilch

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you SeanHRCC! There are a lot of diagnostics that make since, like crash reports and so on...this one just caught me as odd. I get the aggregate log codes, and the crash reports, is the "dataaccessed" simply apple looking into the codes? If it's not a breach, that is my next guess. I am sending diagnostics to apple for now, as I hope it will help them better ios7. I just don't do anything truly personal on a phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2