Keychain question...

kunstmilch

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Just downloaded the two apps, and don't often post in forums so please be patient. (Any advice is always welcome)

Just wondering if I'm missing something or if this is just how it is...

I have iCloud Keychain enabled and on my iMac running Mavericks it seems to work well enough. It never worked on my iPhone though, then realized I had to run Safari without the "Private" feature. So I turned that off and that prompted a new text over the keyboard for autofill. However, the page would just reload over and over...I'm thinking this is because I have cookies turned off. Ok, fine...

So I sign up to iMore on my Mac and use keychain to fill in a password, easy peasy...but then whoops! Now that I have the iMore app, I can't sign in, why? Because I can't remember the long string of letters and numbers iCloud used for my password. Now I'm stuck, so I go back to my computer and change the password to an easy to remember one.

Dies this make sense? It seams overly complicated to me, the Keychain iCloud thing seams like a great idea, but so far it's been a mess for me and doesn't work on my phone at all, and isn't that the point?

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2