I jail-broke my phone yesterday on iOS7 with Evasi0n's jailbreak it was on 6.1 jailbroken before that aswell. When I was updating to iOS7 it gave me an error and put me in a recovery loop so i had to restore the phone as tiny umbrella couldn't kick it out. First of all everything was fine after the jailbreak but then today safari disappeared after a while but I resolved this by resetting home layout. Then after a while safari kept closing down after 1 sec of opening it and crashing along with mail/weather and possibly other apps. Other internet browsers are working but it just these for some reason. Does anyone know what's wrong? or what I can do to resolve it?

I've tried soft resetting it a few times, resetting all settings, ending all processes.

When Safari crashes it is still open in the multitask bar and theres always a still of a page i was on earlier of a app store called tonbu
    [Redacted]
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 05-05-2014 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Removed link to non-apple app store
    12-24-2013 04:17 PM
    From what you have described, a full restore will do the trick. Restore the device to factory settings and then re-apply the jailbreak. That should put you back in business.
    12-25-2013 01:31 PM
    Hey, I have the exact same problem ! I'm wondering what will happen if I update my jailbroken iphone. ( from iOS 7.0.4 to 7.1) i mean will my phone work properly after this ? I know that I will loose the jailbreak .. It doesn't matter.. I only want to open my mail, safari, weather and calculator.... Without crashing !

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    05-05-2014 03:48 AM
    Hey, I have the exact same problem ! I'm wondering what will happen if I update my jailbroken iphone. ( from iOS 7.0.4 to 7.1) i mean will my phone work properly after this ? I know that I will loose the jailbreak .. It doesn't matter.. I only want to open my mail, safari, weather and calculator.... Without crashing !

Yes, it should work. Just make sure to do a restore in iTunes and not the OTA option. You'll probably brick your phone if you choose to install the iOS 7.1.1 OTA.
    eva_vencislavova likes this.
    05-05-2014 07:19 AM
    Yes, it should work. Just make sure to do a restore in iTunes and not the OTA option. You'll probably brick your phone if you choose to install the iOS 7.1.1 OTA.
    I try to restore and update my phone but an error appears iPhone 4 Safari//mail Keeps Shutting Down-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1399370039.090081.jpg
    I tried 3 times to restore and update and this error keeps showing every time the restore is preparing. What should I do about this ?

05-06-2014 05:55 AM
    I try to restore and update my phone but an error appears Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1399370039.090081.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	55787
    I tried 3 times to restore and update and this error keeps showing every time the restore is preparing. What should I do about this ?

You need to restore the iPhone in DFU mode. If the error persists, try troubleshooting it with this guide: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4451
    eva_vencislavova likes this.
    05-06-2014 06:52 AM
    You need to restore the iPhone in DFU mode. If the error persists, try troubleshooting it with this guide: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4451
    Thank You very, very much! I restored it from Mac mini and it worked everything is fine and now I'm with ios 7.1.1 without jailbreak (y) <3 You rock !

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    05-11-2014 12:20 PM
    Thank You very, very much! I restored it from Mac mini and it worked everything is fine and now I'm with ios 7.1.1 without jailbreak (y) <3 You rock !

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    No problem! Enjoy your iPhone!
    05-11-2014 12:21 PM