iPhone 4 Safari//mail Keeps Shutting Down

JustFlames

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I jail-broke my phone yesterday on iOS7 with Evasi0n's jailbreak it was on 6.1 jailbroken before that aswell. When I was updating to iOS7 it gave me an error and put me in a recovery loop so i had to restore the phone as tiny umbrella couldn't kick it out. First of all everything was fine after the jailbreak but then today safari disappeared after a while but I resolved this by resetting home layout. Then after a while safari kept closing down after 1 sec of opening it and crashing along with mail/weather and possibly other apps. Other internet browsers are working but it just these for some reason. Does anyone know what's wrong? or what I can do to resolve it?

I've tried soft resetting it a few times, resetting all settings, ending all processes.

When Safari crashes it is still open in the multitask bar and theres always a still of a page i was on earlier of a app store called tonbu
[Redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
From what you have described, a full restore will do the trick. Restore the device to factory settings and then re-apply the jailbreak. That should put you back in business.

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I have the exact same problem ! I'm wondering what will happen if I update my jailbroken iphone. ( from iOS 7.0.4 to 7.1) i mean will my phone work properly after this ? I know that I will loose the jailbreak .. It doesn't matter.. I only want to open my mail, safari, weather and calculator.... Without crashing !

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I have the exact same problem ! I'm wondering what will happen if I update my jailbroken iphone. ( from iOS 7.0.4 to 7.1) i mean will my phone work properly after this ? I know that I will loose the jailbreak .. It doesn't matter.. I only want to open my mail, safari, weather and calculator.... Without crashing !

Yes, it should work. Just make sure to do a restore in iTunes and not the OTA option. You'll probably brick your phone if you choose to install the iOS 7.1.1 OTA.

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it should work. Just make sure to do a restore in iTunes and not the OTA option. You'll probably brick your phone if you choose to install the iOS 7.1.1 OTA.

I try to restore and update my phone but an error appears :( ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1399370039.090081.jpg
I tried 3 times to restore and update and this error keeps showing every time the restore is preparing. What should I do about this ?

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2