Can i jailbreak a iPhone from Verizon and use it for AT&T?

I

iMore Question

Can i jail break a iphone from verizon and use it for at&t?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
re: Can i jail break a iPhone from Verizon and use it for AT&T?

No. Verizon uses CDMA and AT&T uses GSM. You could jailbreak the phone though, if it's not on iOS 7.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
re: Can i jail break a iPhone from Verizon and use it for AT&T?

I'm not really sure but you can use the motherboard of a Sprint iPhone on an AT&T iPhone. Since Sprint is CDMA and AT&T is GSM, I think it's the same concept and you will be able to do that.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can i jail break a iPhone from Verizon and use it for AT&T?

can i use the mother board of a verizon iphone in a at&t iphone
No you are going overboard now talking about dismantling your phone and doing something to it that was not meant to be done. You are asking for trouble and a warranty that will be null and void. Leave it as is and be happy with it.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Can i jail break a iphone from verizon and use it for at&t?

Jailbreaking is different than SIM unlocking. What you mean is SIM unlocking. But if you have a Verizon iPhone 5 or later, no unlocking is necessary. Due to an agreement with the FCC, all Verizon LTE phones ship SIM unlocked and will work with any GSM carrier. That said, depending on your carrier and location, you may not get LTE service, but you will have voice & data service at least. Pre iPhone 5, I don't know about those.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon version of the iPhone5 can be used on AT&T... But will not do LTE. The 5s can do LTE. The Verizon variant iPhone 4S is SIM locked such that it can only be used outside outside the USA.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can i jail break a iPhone from Verizon and use it for AT&T?

can i use the mother board of a verizon iphone in a at&t iphone

ena9ezyj.jpg

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon version of the iPhone5 can be used on AT&T... But will not do LTE. The 5s can do LTE. The Verizon variant iPhone 4S is SIM locked such that it can only be used outside outside the USA.

From what I heard, I thought it was only possible with the Note 3 on Verizon. Thanks for the info.

hunter bingham

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
help I don't know if it's possible

Could I jailbreak an iPhone 6s Plus that is hooked up to a plan from AT&T if I jailbreak it will it still be hooked up to the plan or will it automatically be taken off Please help

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner