Does anybody know how to see what is making up the Other category when I connect my 5s to iTunes? Currently, it says that Other is at 5.40GB. I have deleted all of my voicemails and all of my text messages.

Could it be my yahoo and gmail accounts?

Thanks
    ~S
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-18-2013 02:37 PM
    There is no way to specifically see what is there. The "other" is cached data, iOS itself, and other system stuff. Mine hovers around 1.6GB now with iOS 7. Yours seems on the high side.
    iOS Gravity and Ipheuria like this.
    12-18-2013 02:45 PM
    It's the OS... various system files, can be media files that are 'miss-categorized' - and can sometimes be reduced by 'ejecting' the device from iTunes... then re-starting iTunes and doing a re-sync of the device. If that doesn't reduce the size of "other" - you can do a back-up, then reinstall the iOS, re-sync and restore the back-up.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-18-2013 02:47 PM
    Does anybody know how to see what is making up the Other category when I connect my 5s to iTunes? Currently, it says that Other is at 5.40GB. I have deleted all of my voicemails and all of my text messages.

Could it be my yahoo and gmail accounts?

Thanks
    ~S
    Mail is counted under "other" last time I check and remember, but interrupted iTunes syncs, app downloads, deleted app data, files that you send to other apps via open in can all account for "other" in iTunes.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-18-2013 03:04 PM
    I know if your iDevice is jailbroken that is also the jailbreak data, themes, downloaded data (ProTube, Safari Download Manager, etc), and tweaks you may have installed.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-18-2013 03:37 PM
    Other is a funny category. I had a sync go wrong on my my iPhone 5, and it doubled from 1.5GB to over 3GB. It self corrected when I installed IOS7. I had been told I would have to redo the phone from scratch by an Apple senior adviser. Fortunately I did not have to.

I monitor other closely on my iPhone 5s. One thing I have noticed is that when I add MP3's it goes up say from 1.54 GB to 1.57 GB. If I sync it again it will go back down to 1.54.

Deleting the history and cookies in Safari, and also deleting under advanced >website data helps. Deleting text messages helps.

Check any browsers you have that you are able to clear the cache and do so.

Turning the phone off and on can sometimes help.

If all else fails you may have to restore as new.

Other is mysterious and can be a problem at times.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-18-2013 07:04 PM
    You can't really tell exactly what is included in other. I wish Apple would let us see what is included in other.
    12-18-2013 07:25 PM