Can I Activate a IPhone 5s with Metro PCS?

I

iMore Question

Hey, I'm kind of new to this kind of stuff, so please bare with me.

I've been looking at different plans on AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, but I just really don't like their plans so much. So I went to check Metro PCS and I really like the 60$ plan for unlimited text, calling, data. I've also been wanting to get the new IPhone 5s. So I've been asking myself if I can activate it on Metro. Can anyone help me, please?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked with MetroPCS? Start there... and I believe if one were to google "iPhone on MetroPCS" no telling what you'll learn...

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm kind of new to this kind of stuff, so please bare with me.

I've been looking at different plans on AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, but I just really don't like their plans so much. So I went to check Metro PCS and I really like the 60$ plan for unlimited text, calling, data. I've also been wanting to get the new IPhone 5s. So I've been asking myself if I can activate it on Metro. Can anyone help me, please?

Yes you can, but it would have to be factory unlocked and those cost $650. Also, the Network wouldn't work tut well probably because metro pcs doesn't support the iphone. I don't know what bands they operate on

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can...but you will need to buy a non-subsidized phone (simply put, full retail priced phone)...I think the pricing on them is still $649/$749/$849. After that, you will need to go to MetroPCS and get a SIM card from them (or whatever way they do it).

Understand though that while yes, you will get unlimited data...you will NOT be able to use LTE or 4G services with the iPhone 5S on their network. Your data will be capped at 3G speeds for your area.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can...but you will need to buy a non-subsidized phone (simply put, full retail priced phone)...I think the pricing on them is still $649/$749/$849. After that, you will need to go to MetroPCS and get a SIM card from them (or whatever way they do it).

Understand though that while yes, you will get unlimited data...you will NOT be able to use LTE or 4G services with the iPhone 5S on their network. Your data will be capped at 3G speeds for your area.

This info is accurate

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I actually called them a while ago and they said that they would be able to flash a smartphone to their network. They said that the data would not work.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit for Metro PCS for a x-mass present

My girlfriends young son broke his a great deal on eBay
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1387333318.676340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

highandoutofrange

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can. And LTE WILL also work. Again. It does work. Using it right now. When LTE isn't around it's at 4G. Which is still pretty freaking fast. From Los Angeles here. Hope this helps.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can. And LTE WILL also work. Again. It does work. Using it right now. When LTE isn't around it's at 4G. Which is still pretty freaking fast. From Los Angeles here. Hope this helps.

I feel like Metro doesn't have very good coverage concerning LTE. Take into mind that you are in a major city, somewhere that carriers focus their coverage. In a suburban, rural area, you may only get 3G.

Jada Precious

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes i does work but it has to be unlocked if its not unlocked you have to get it unlocked some places it with work fast and slow but i do actually recommed this :laughing:

PhoneTechie

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can.
I have an Iphone 4S from AT&T and was able to switch over. Metro PCS will require you to bring the phone unlocked to them .
This means you will have to get permission from AT&T to unlock your phone. What this means is that AT&T will check to make sure you don't have an acccount balance or still locked into a contract. Once this is met, AT&T will email your codes and intructions to unlock your phone. Basically there is a program that runs and you enter the code provided to unlock you phone, very easy. All data will be erased.
Then take your unlocked phone to Metro PCS. You will need to buy a SIM card for MetroPCS/ T-Mobile that cost $10. Activation takes less than 5 mins (free activation), and you can request a new phone number or transfer your old phone number. I have the $60 plan with unlimited voice, text, and data. There is no restriction or issues with the data. Obviously the phone is 3G and it works on 3G. I dont have LTE or 4G, it is on the Iphone 5S, so those features work on those phones.
Incidentally you can also pay extra for the hotspot to hook up to your laptop for internet, again with no issues. However there is no unlimited data

Rachel Blunk

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently an iPhone 5 user and I'm currently with MetroPCS and I wanted to get the iPhone 5s, because it was the newest of the iPhones at the time. So, I bought the iPhone 5s and using the SIM Card from the iPhone 5 put it in the iPhone 5s and it worked just fine. To answer your question, Yes it will work.

TripleMMuzak

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I just set up my iPhone 5S, and I have SMS, Calling, but my Data, and MMS isnt working. If anyone could give me the APN settings to the iPhone 5S because the the one from Metro isnt working. Thanks

Abel Arellano

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes you will be able too. If it's unlocked it will work. I have a verizon iPhone 6 that is factory unlocked running metro pcs with lte and averaging 52mbps

Bbodd

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5s that I want to connect to Metro. I already have an account with the so it would just be a matter of switching the service over. I just want to know if I will still be able to use LTE/4G?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234