Need help in choosing the perfect fitness tracking setup.

yashendra2797

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey there!
I need help in choosing 2 things for a health tracking setup. First of all, which tracking watch/bracelet is the best? The ones I have heard of include Fitbit, Jawbone and Nike Fuel. It not just depends upon the watch/bracelet but also it's functions/apps. Secondly, I need an app to manage my food intake. Something that tells me how many calories I've consumed in a day, etc. Keep in mind that my primary device to mange the data will be an iPad, so the app gets bonus points if it has iPad support.

Links to comparison will be helpful!

Thanks for all your help!
-yashendra2797

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had a FitBit Flex and Nike Fuel Band...neither of them were worth the money to me (I also just bought my wife the newer FitBit bracelet and she said it works "Ok", so that kind of reflects what I thought of mine). Truly, I don't think they are worth the investment personally...and I run about 4-6 miles every other day using my iPhone.

I use MapMyRun app, and it works very well...I've also been doing the Couch to 10K app (though the beginning of it might be a bit too easy if you're running a good bit now, I had to skip ahead to like the 8th week before it was relevant to my abilities).

As far as calorie counting, the premium version of Lose It! has worked very well for me, but can be cumbersome having to input local restaurants and grocery store products that aren't covered in their listings...it's a bit annoying having to add a whole meal one by one if the stuff isn't scannable or pre-set in their system, but the overall program is fantastic for keeping track of your stuff!

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the jawbone UP24 to track my steps and workouts, and link the my fitness pal app to it and use that to track my food intake, the system works great for me!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR