iPad new app won't download...doesn't even show the option?

I

iMore Question

Hello, I'm in need of a free app. My friend has no issue doing it. It's a pretty simple app, however, the "free" or "install" button isn't even there? Just info about the app....any suggestions?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm in need of a free app. My friend has no issue doing it. It's a pretty simple app, however, the "free" or "install" button isn't even there? Just info about the app....any suggestions?

Are there any restrictions in place? Check the profiles and see if there is a profile installed. If the profile menu doesn't show that means no profile is installed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I right to assume you're trying to download this free app from the App Store app that's on your iPad? If so, reboot your iPad, and try again. If that doesn't work, sign out of the iTunes & App Store, reboot your device, sign back in and then try to download the free app.

angelica922

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Well thank you all for your ideas...tried them all. I was able to "download" the free app from my computer, but when i went to try and open it on the iPad....nada. No button, link, cloud, nothing. I'm stumped. I've powered down, logged in and out, to no avail. It's a cable provider app, allowing us to stream live tv to the iPad. I'm open to other suggestions. I'm on an iPad 3rd gen, using release 7

Thanks!:confused:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well thank you all for your ideas...tried them all. I was able to "download" the free app from my computer, but when i went to try and open it on the iPad....nada. No button, link, cloud, nothing. I'm stumped. I've powered down, logged in and out, to no avail. It's a cable provider app, allowing us to stream live tv to the iPad. I'm open to other suggestions. I'm on an iPad 3rd gen, using release 7

Thanks!:confused:
1. What is the specific name of the app and is it in the iTunes/App Store?
2. If it is indeed listed in the iTunes/App Store, read its description and make sure that it is compatible with iOS 7.

angelica922

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Cox Contour for iPad is the app, yes it shows that its compatible. I've spoken with Cox and their team and they said...try apple...we've never seen this issue before ?! :-( Apple says it won't help due to it being an app. So each are saying ask each other and I'm not coming up with anything?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro