Hi,
    I am looking the best waterproof case? (the price is important)

Thanks,

imj23
    12-10-2013 10:52 PM
    Hi,

Thanks,

imj23
    you want the best or the cheapest?

what phone?

There are only a few reputable waterproof cases out there; two of which are Lifeproof and Otterbox. A simple internet search would find what you are looking for.

i use a Lifeproof case for my 4s and really like it. I considered the Otterbox Armour, but could not justify the price vs. function (although I do like the way you can easily remove the phone from this case).
    12-10-2013 11:09 PM
    The only one I know of is LifeProof.
    12-11-2013 07:36 AM
    You are asking in the title the best place to buy and then what is the best because price is important. I am partial to Seidio Obex cases but if you want it for 5S , they don't have one yet and I don't thing anyone does yet. Otterbox might? You are going to ave to call them or go to their websites and just check it out.
    12-11-2013 07:44 PM
    For 5s lifeproof has released a fre and incipio has released an atlas both versions are made for the 5s specifically
    12-11-2013 08:18 PM
    Hi,

Thanks,

imj23
    Directly from the Lifeproof Store via their website, in my opinion.

Shop LifeProof | LifeProof

After that, the iMore Store.

http://store.imore.com/search.htm?search_terms=lifeproof
    12-11-2013 08:24 PM
    Agree on the life proof case= they are not cheap but they are excellent
    12-12-2013 05:14 PM
    Another shout out for LifeProof, I still want to get a Nud version for my iPhone 5.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity 2 You!
    12-12-2013 05:39 PM
    To add one more comment about LifeProof they have gotten some rather bad wraps because of the way the screen protector does not want to play nice with the iPhone screen itself. They took it off the market for a while and also while they were bought out by Otterbox. They have new models now but I still would not a waterproof case as I have no need for one. I use Seidio as my choice and while I use their Convert that is not waterproof, They have one that will be available soon for the 5S which is called their OBEX case. Good luck shopping. Let us know how you make out.
    12-12-2013 07:58 PM
    12-13-2013 05:15 AM
    I have the LifeProof nuud for my 5S. No screen protector issues 😎

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    12-13-2013 08:38 AM
    Has anyone purchased the Preserver Series for iPhone 5S? If so, what do you think about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-13-2013 09:32 AM
    Has anyone purchased the Preserver Series for iPhone 5S? If so, what do you think about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I have one for my 5, its great so if its anything like that for the 5s its a great product!
    12-13-2013 11:40 AM
    How about the call quality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-13-2013 11:54 AM
    How about the call quality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Its wonderful, speaker sounds great and the screen is nice and flush like otterbox products, but like i said thats the 5 case, i cant image the 5s case would differ besides the touch id
    12-13-2013 01:02 PM
    I hear a lot of mixed reviews about this case. I want to pick one up, but for every good review I see a bad one. And they seem to contradict each other. Some say the call quality is good, others say that it is horrible. The Newton rings seem to be a problem with some but not with others. I don't know.
    12-13-2013 11:13 PM
    I hear a lot of mixed reviews about this case. I want to pick one up, but for every good review I see a bad one. And they seem to contradict each other. Some say the call quality is good, others say that it is horrible. The Newton rings seem to be a problem with some but not with others. I don't know.
    Get one from best buy and return if you hate it
    12-13-2013 11:43 PM
    Get one from best buy and return if you hate it
    I just did that. So far, do good. But no one has called me yet so I can't test out the voice quality. Went outside in the snow today with my daughter to tear it out. Worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    12-14-2013 01:22 PM
    I just did that. So far, do good. But no one has called me yet so I can't test out the voice quality. Went outside in the snow today with my daughter to tear it out. Worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    I returned it. I didn't like the screen protector or having to unscrew the nob every time I wanted to plug in headphones. Nothing really wrong with it. Just a couple of inconveniences.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    12-26-2013 01:25 PM
    I returned it. I didn't like the screen protector or having to unscrew the nob every time I wanted to plug in headphones. Nothing really wrong with it. Just a couple of inconveniences.

As far as screen protectors go, LifeProof Nud takes care of that. No screen protector. But as far as having to screw headphones in and unscrew them to take them out, that's part of the waterproof game unfortunately.

Synchronistically transposed
    12-26-2013 02:26 PM
    As far as screen protectors go, LifeProof Nud takes care of that. No screen protector. But as far as having to screw headphones in and unscrew them to take them out, that's part of the waterproof game unfortunately.

Synchronistically transposed
    I wish the nuud cases came in colors other than black and white.

12-26-2013 02:41 PM
    I absolutely hated the LifeProof case I had when we went white water rafting last summer...it was such a POS option compared to the normal usage and functionality I was used to with the iPhone 5. I went and checked out the Nuud case, but shortly afterwards the 5S came out, and I just don't see how the Nuud case would be functional if the finger print scanner can be damaged by submersion. Fortunately I have my Go Pro to pull water duties, and I can leave my iPhone safe and sound in the dry, lol.
    12-26-2013 03:42 PM
    Otterbox Armor Series.
    12-26-2013 11:30 PM
    Otterbox Armor Series.
    I have to say, i work in a steel factory, and i have my 5s and before that my 5 in an otterbox armor, its big and bulky, but at the end of the day when i go home theres not a speck of dust on my white phone, i will endorse this case anyday!! But when i get home it goes into my lifeproof fre for 5s and i love that as well, the one i had for my 5 was garbage but this one seems to be ok
    12-27-2013 08:30 AM
    I absolutely hated the LifeProof case I had when we went white water rafting last summer...it was such a POS option compared to the normal usage and functionality I was used to with the iPhone 5. I went and checked out the Nuud case, but shortly afterwards the 5S came out, and I just don't see how the Nuud case would be functional if the finger print scanner can be damaged by submersion. Fortunately I have my Go Pro to pull water duties, and I can leave my iPhone safe and sound in the dry, lol.
    The only thing i didnt like about the nuud for my 5 was talking on the phone, granted i dont do it that much, but with that lip around the screen it was extremely uncomfortable for me to hold up to my ear
    12-27-2013 08:32 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD