I have a ipod 4g and about a month back it went through the washing machine and when i found it i immediately put it in a bag of rice for 2 weeks and then i hooked it up to the charger. After it charged fully i could not tell it had been washed, until i tried to hook up to wifi and the selector was grayed out and also the bluetooth was grayed out and said unavailable. What is causing this? Since it went through the washer i know my warranty is "Void" and i cant get apple to help without paying a price. So what can i do?:confused:

Thanks,
    James Wisner
    12-10-2013 06:35 PM
    What is causing this?
    Gonna go out on a limb and say going through the washer might be the cause of it. Just because all else seems fine doesn't mean it really is. Maybe try reinstalling iOS? I somehow doubt that will help though. But maybe............. just maybe.
    Just_Me_D and Andrew Wisner like this.
    12-10-2013 07:47 PM
    I reinstalled ios and it did not change anyhting. However i had left it in my truck for a few months dead and then hooked it up to the charger and the wifi worked roughly for a day and then it quit again. While it was in my truck the temp had changed, could the temp change have affected the wifi?
    12-11-2013 11:04 PM
    As noted above, I'm pretty sure the water damage from the washing machine has caused the issues. Water damage can effect certain parts of the device and other parts will still work fine.
    12-12-2013 11:38 AM
    Maybe you could get an out of warranty replacement from Apple... Very slim chance, perhaps google a way to fix water sensors from showing. I'm just saying....
    12-12-2013 12:53 PM