Viber has been uninstalled?

I

iMore Question

Hello,

I was in daily contact with a friends on viber, planning our next holidays together. But for a few days, all my messages are shown as Sent only rather than delivered. Calls are unsuccessful as viber says "user may be offline"
In parallel, none of my emails are being replied to and calls to his mobile are sent to his voicemail.

As a result I'm starting to get really worried. I'm thinking that either his phone has been switched off all that time, or he uniuninstalled Viber for some reasons.

Is there any way to find out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You've done just about everything except go to his house. Is it possible, he does not want to be disturbed? It's the weekend. Try to call him or something tomorrow.

nathinfor

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could do that. But I'm in England and he's in Argentina. He was in Cordoba last week, where riots caused one death and many injured. I haven't heard from him for a week (we normally chat daily when he's away). I don't have his family contact details.

I can't see any reason why he wouldn't want to talk to me but was hoping there was a way to check this is the case rather than something bad happening.

It doesnt look good, does it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say that so keep your hopes up until you hear otherwise. Also, some governments control the flow of information so maybe that's what's going on in this instance.

Also, although this is a few days old, it's worth noting:

"School and public transportation had been shut down preemptively, officials said, and shops, banks and gas stations were closed as residents stayed home, local media reported."
http://news.yahoo.com/one-dead-looting-argentina-says-doctor-002658234.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2