How to disable passcode when option is greyed out?

cobsofcookcourt

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Please help! My 2yr old has been fiddling with my iPad and now i cant disable the passcode, as the option is greyed out.
Any advice greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Wait about 10 minutes or so and see if it allows you to enter your pass code.
2. Reboot your device

cobsofcookcourt

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
It is definitely turned on. When I go to Settings-General-Passcode Lock it prompts me for my passcode which I enter. Then in the next screen the <Turn Passcode Off> button is greyed out so I can't press it.
Am I missing something?

ArmenSG

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Registered on this site specifically to help out with this question.. Hope this does the trick as it solved my issue.

Since I have a corporate email account on my iPhone that requires a certain level of security (complex passcode + passcode required after MAX 5 minutes + auto lock must be enabled), as long as that email account is added to the phone, certain options will have limited choices, and some will be completely greyed out. As soon as i removed that email account, all my options went back to normal.

In my case, I guess i have no choice but to enable the email account, and lose those other options.

Hope this helped,
Armen

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2