Getting videos out of iphone and onto another device

I

iMore Question

Hi, is there a way to get my videos out of my iphone and onto some other kind of viewer so they will always be viewable? Does such a viewer even exist?

I know I can put them on my computer. But eventually I won't have this computer. I need something like a photo album that is permanent and portable and will store and show the videos forever.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, is there a way to get my videos out of my iphone and onto some other kind of viewer so they will always be viewable? Does such a viewer even exist?

I know I can put them on my computer. But eventually I won't have this computer. I need something like a photo album that is permanent and portable and will store and show the videos forever.

I would imagine you could put the videos on your computer and then use a cloud based service other than iCloud. I don't see why they wouldn't always be available on that cloud service with access from any new device moving forward. As compatibility changes over the years you might just have to change with the times. I remember my parents putting film on VHS. I had some VHS put on DVD and then moved the DVD to my MAC.

I like BOX. Sync's nice manually between computer and handheld using an email address.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There always an inexpensive USB key you can buy and carry them around on a keychain and easily view them on any computer

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine you could put the videos on your computer and then use a cloud based service other than iCloud. I don't see why they wouldn't always be available on that cloud service with access from any new device moving forward. As compatibility changes over the years you might just have to change with the times. I remember my parents putting film on VHS. I had some VHS put on DVD and then moved the DVD to my MAC.

I like BOX. Sync's nice manually between computer and handheld using an email address.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Box is definitely a nice option

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Place them on an external drive. I backup my PC once a month to an external 1TB drive and anything else such as photos, videos or music I find along the way, I drag and drop them into folders I have for them on the external drive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods