Disable automatic passcode lock while on a call?

I

iMore Question

I am facing a recurrent situation, for which I desperately need a solution: I am participating in a long conference call, for which I muting my microphone, while I don't speak. When I need to contribute something, I unmute my line. But in the meantime the screen has often locked automatically and I need to unlock it first. Because there is additional security on my phone which requires a 12 character long password, typing in the password to unlock takes a moment. By the time I have unlocked and unmuted my line, the opportunity to jump into the discussion has passed.

Is there a way to disable the automatic passcode lock on IOS7 whilst on a phonecall?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings>General>Auto-lock and set it to never while your on your call

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

apastuszak

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anything changed with iOS 9.0.1? I have the same issue with using my iPhone on long conference calls and the need to mute and unmute. From the lock screen you can swipe on the phone number to bring up the call screen, but that ONLY works if you have not received any notifications while on the call. If you have, you'll be asked for your passcode and be taken to the app that last gave you notifications.

A mute/unmute button on the lock screen would be a huge help.

Though post 3 is a workaround, it's a lousy one. Fogetting to turn auto-lock back on could easily drain my phone if I drop it in my pocket and leave the screen on.

As for post 4, I'm still trying to find a headset that will work on an iPhone that has a mute switch. All the headsets that have mute switches are designed for PC and/or Game Console use and don't work with an iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW