Are there any major differences between AppleCare Plus and Squaretrade in regards to coverage of an iPad Air? Is one more beneficial than the other?

Thanks
    12-04-2013 06:18 PM
    I believe if you read yourself from Apple.com and Squaretrade.com and compare side by side you will find quite a bit.
    I have Applecare + for my phone and pad but that was my choice and bought them from an Apple store. I went lat week with a friend who bought an iPad Air from Best Buy and I tell you it is really hard to beat their own in house insurance policy. From Applecare + to theirs there is no deductible at all and for an iPad mini I could have bought the 2 year for $149.00 so a bit more but the saving of $79.00 for an incident in the deductible savings and also battery protection for that period and the biggest is that if something goes wrong you can watch them bring you out a brand new shrink wrap no refurb pad. I wish I would have asked for the heck of it if you could buy it if you did not make the purchase there.
    12-04-2013 07:06 PM
    The primary difference is the fact that with SquareTrade, once they are handling your warranty, you'll be dealing with them for replacement devices...so far I've only heard positive things about them, but truthfully, I can't imagine even the best of Squaretrade being comparable to Apple's level of customer service. I use square trade on my Macbook Pro, our TV and now, my Xbox One. Honestly, after seeing people's positive responses online and even here, I don't think you can go wrong with either offering.
    12-04-2013 08:03 PM
    No disagreement Sean on my end. I think it always comes down to someone's personal choice and with me only ever using Applecare + it simply comes down to what makes me feel comfortable. By the way I only brought out the Best Buy thing to show what I thought was a pretty decent warranty of their own. I love Apple and their level of CS and that is what gives me the confidence to continue with them.

Lets just hope we never have to use any of them be it Applecare or Squaretrade but it is nice to have it just in case.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 12-04-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    12-04-2013 08:59 PM
    From what I have heard if your not near an apple store then Square trade is the way to go. If your close to an apple store the same day service is nice.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    12-04-2013 09:00 PM
    From what I have heard if your not near an apple store then Square trade is the way to go. If your close to an apple store the same day service is nice.
    Good point!
    12-04-2013 09:54 PM
    I've only had the best experience with SquareTrade, so I go to them for a warranty on just about anything I own that's electronic. They're hands down the best; they make sure you're taken care of. If they can't fix or replace your item, they'll send you a check for the price of it. Win win

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    12-04-2013 10:46 PM
    Thanks a lot for the input. Really appreciate it. Think I'm going to go with the Apple Care. Haven't had any issues with Apple Care so far so no need to change it up. Thanks again!
    12-06-2013 12:44 AM