16/32GB iPhone 5s/c?

I

iMore Question

So I'll jump right into it. I'm on Boost Mobile and looking to to get a new iPhone since they now offer them. I have two questions, which are: should I get a 16GB or 32GB phone? And should I go with a 5c or 5s?

My main concern is space/storage. Now, I'm not a person that is all the time on my phone, I don't watch movies/TV on it (though I only have a Galaxy Prevail), I don't constantly game or video, etc. I have 56 songs and 200 photos on my phone, which will slowly increase, the only apps I have are Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and YouTube. I had to delete IMDB due to lack of storage space, though I will get it back with a new phone, and I would like to have a handful of free games just because. So that's what I have, so my question to all of you is, should I go 16 or 32GB?

Now for phone. I lean towards the 5c because I can get the 32GB at the same price as the 16GB 5s, and it's generally cheaper. But I really want the 5s because of how advanced it is. Plus I'm getting it for Christmas from 4 family members so it's not going to be a ton of money from just one person.

Thank you for any help you all can give!
Jimmy P.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
between 5c 32GB and 5S 16GB , i`ll choose the 5S 16 GB, i have 600 photos and 100 aps and i still have 5 GB free ( you can have 1000 songs with that), but next year i`ll get myself the flagship iphone with the biggest storage, cos i know that 16GB is not gonna be enough.

jman0829

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Get the iPhone 5S with 32 GB. I have an iphone 5 with 32 and i never run out of space. I have a lot of pictures, apps, videos, and songs. I know its more expensive but trust me you dont have to worry about space. If you get the 5S you will get the latest tech from apple. Touch ID works great and remember the M7 processor. This phone will last you two years or more without problems.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Pitch in your own cash and get the 5s with 32GB as mentioned above you won't regret it

Sent from my iPhone 5 soon to be 5s Gold 64GB

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys, the question is about 5c 32 or 5s 16,its about the bugdet.

You are Correct

In that case I can't really answer this Question it's an even option the OP will have to decide in the long run that decision has to be something he will have to live with I made the wrong one myself a while back so my advice is tainted

Sent from my iPhone 5 soon to be 5s Gold 64GB

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my phone more than my computer. Since my desktop OS of choice (Linux Mint 16) has issues with the security on iOS 7, I cannot make it a trusted computer/device and offload files that way. I rely on slower (but just as good) syncing on Dropbox. I don't even listen to 1,000 different songs in a week, let alone find myself being able to take pictures. (In an ethical, socially acceptable way)

For me, 16GB has been enough but I fret and worry that one day I will surpass this threshold and require a higher capacity device. If you want to take the risk, 16GB is worth it for the 5S. If you can, lobby for the 32GB version. (Will help with resale value) The 5C is fine, but in two years it will be a three year old phone in a two year old shell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2