I just bought a beautiful iphone 4 16gb from a lady on craigslist. She was using it on AT&T.. I was planning on unlocking it for use on ST.. Well, I got it home cut my old ST sim card down to micro size, went to unlockit.co.nz, changed the APN settings to "New Straight Talk" and I have full MMS, 3G, EVERYING working great!!! And to top it all off its running IOS 7 just like it was on the AT&T network. I just did a IMEI search on my phone and and it came back as not under contract, but it does say sim locked.. This makes no sense to me. What would it say sim locked if I can use a ST sim? Also, would I have to worry about a future update ruining my situation? I believe the new Tracfone APN situation might have just solved a lot of headaches for iphone users.
    11-27-2013 05:34 PM
    As far as I can remember the Straight Talk SIMs don't require an unlocked device and that's why it works fine. I also don't think that an update could break those settings for you.
    11-27-2013 06:23 PM
    I just bought a beautiful iphone 4 16gb from a lady on craigslist. She was using it on AT&T.. I was planning on unlocking it for use on ST.. Well, I got it home cut my old ST sim card down to micro size, went to unlockit.co.nz, changed the APN settings to "New Straight Talk" and I have full MMS, 3G, EVERYING working great!!! And to top it all off its running IOS 7 just like it was on the AT&T network. I just did a IMEI search on my phone and and it came back as not under contract, but it does say sim locked.. This makes no sense to me. What would it say sim locked if I can use a ST sim? Also, would I have to worry about a future update ruining my situation? I believe the new Tracfone APN situation might have just solved a lot of headaches for iphone users.
    Because straight talk contacts with att and Verizon depending on what phone you have gsm or CDMA .. Given your is gsm it is using att towers and so no unlock is needed
    11-27-2013 06:58 PM