iPhone child safty

I

iMore Question

So i have an 8 year old daughter and she splits her time between me and my ex. I asked verizon for a good safe phone for restricting communication to only people i approve. I like all the parental controls for apps and browser and gps, but those are secondary concerns to who she is communicating with. I want her to be able to face time, call, text and email, but i only want her to be able to dend and recieve those communications from people I approve.

I have entered all approved contacts into her address book and set her contacts to restricted so she cant add to and remove any from that list.

I cant find any settings or apps that limit those communications to those in address book. is there any way to do this?

please help, id like to give this to her for christmas, but i wont unless i can assure that she isnt communicating with people she shouldnt.

thanks in advance for your help.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So i have an 8 year old daughter and she splits her time between me and my ex. I asked verizon for a good safe phone for restricting communication to only people i approve. I like all the parental controls for apps and browser and gps, but those are secondary concerns to who she is communicating with. I want her to be able to face time, call, text and email, but i only want her to be able to dend and recieve those communications from people I approve.

I have entered all approved contacts into her address book and set her contacts to restricted so she cant add to and remove any from that list.

I cant find any settings or apps that limit those communications to those in address book. is there any way to do this?

please help, id like to give this to her for christmas, but i wont unless i can assure that she isnt communicating with people she shouldnt.

thanks in advance for your help.

Nothing can restrict it if she types in a number or email only way to achieve what you want is trust with your daughter

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
iMessage has a function that allows for ONLY contacts in the address book to send messages through, but text messages are NOT blocked (they can be turned off all together, but that means if someone you HAVE approved that is not using an idevice tries to send a message, they will not be able to).

I think you just need to get with your kid and let them know what you expect...these devices certainly do offer a pretty in depth parental control system, but they can't block everything and no environment is 100% safe...there comes a point where you have to combine the technology with your parenting ability and, ultimately, trust.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73