will apple replace my iphone 4 which is stuck in headphone mode? I have never even used headphones in this phone
    11-22-2013 11:09 AM
    will apple replace my iphone 4 which is stuck in headphone mode? I have never even used headphones in this phone
    Under warranty - no... things you can try... try putting the plug for a headphone into the jack - put it in and take it out several times... or put the plug in the jack and while it's in, turn the plug back & forth a few times... one of those might cause the phone to get it out of being stuck in headphone mode.
    11-22-2013 11:13 AM
    Apple Care (regardless of which version you had) would be exhausted by now on any iPhone 4, so no, they would not do this for free (unless they made a special case for you and did it complimentary...which they have been known to do if you find the right person on the right day...it's worth a shot if you have one local to you! The biggest thing you have going against you is the fact that they do not stock 4's anymore, so if they don't have any 4's, you'll probably be out of luck because they wouldn't be able to replace it anyways in store, and would have to send it off for repairs).

Has the phone recently been damaged (water specifically)? The headphone jack issue is typical of moisture damage on any iPhone, not just the 4.
    11-22-2013 01:06 PM
    Also try and use a Q-tip with rubbing alcohol then use the plug you stated you never used the jack and there might be some built up in there

Sent from my iPhone 5
    11-22-2013 01:22 PM
    I thought this only happened to Palm Pre's? I would do what kataran suggested. Also doesn't hurt to blow it out with compressed air.

- Matt
    kataran likes this.
    11-22-2013 02:03 PM