can't login to facebook from iphone 5s

I

iMore Question

I got a new iphone 5s a few weeks ago. Ever since I installed the facebook app it won't allow me on. I get a message that says, "enter the facebook password for "" in settings" with an option to cancel or go to settings. If I hit cancel, the message just pops up again and again. If I go to settings it rejects my password and says there is an issue with the server. It's definitely something with the phone and not with my Facebook account, but I can go on from my computer or iPad without any issues.

xoayr

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
-Have you tried deleting and re-downloading the app?
-Have you tried shutting off your phone and turning it back on?
-Are you certain you are typing the right password? (typos happen)
-Try checking and deleting other copies of the Facebook app (if you restored from a backup).
-Make sure you're updated to the most recent iOS and Facebook app.

I've heard that people have had to reset their iDevices and "setting them up as a new Device"

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This was answered in your other thread.

I can only assume that something is getting crossed up with the native Facebook feature. Do the following:

1. Delete the Facebook app
2. Go to Settings->Facebook and then delete the account
3. Reboot your device
4. Re-install the Facebook app and then login with the app itself and not via settings if you are given the choice.
5. If you are not given a choice, go to Settings->Facebook and then login. Afterwards, initiate the Facebook app and give it permission to use the native Facebook credentials that you just inputted via the Settings.

Last edited:

hikeswiss

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I followed your instructions as follows:

1. Delete Facebook acct in settings
2. Delete downloaded Facebook app.
3. Shut down iPhone completely.
4. Reboot iPhone.
5. Download Facebook app again.
6. Sign in with username and password.

WORKED PERFECTLY!