How to bypass activation screen on IOS 7.0.3

I

iMore Question

Hi I just bought a Iphone 4 from somebody on craiglist. But they failed to take there apple id off of the device so now i can't get in it. I have been trying to contact the seller for about a month now and it is driving me crazy. Is there away that i can get around the activation screen and just use it as a ipod since i wont be able to turn the phone on my plan.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi I just bought a Iphone 4 from somebody on craiglist. But they failed to take there apple id off of the device so now i can't get in it. I have been trying to contact the seller for about a month now and it is driving me crazy. Is there away that i can get around the activation screen and just use it as a ipod since i wont be able to turn the phone on my plan.

Bottom line: YOU CAN’T. This process was put there by Apple to prevent stolen devices from being wiped, sold and reused without authorization. It appears that you bought a stolen device. Hopefully you’ll be able contact the seller and either get the iCloud password or a refund. Otherwise, you now have an expensive paperweight.

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
You have an expensive paperweight. It's terrible that these things happen. Sometimes you get bit by bad luck. Most electronics on Craigslist are stolen. Guess you got what you paid for. Maybe try to recycle it with buyers

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I hate to use you as an example but please EVERYONE - When you buy a used iPhone from anybody and I mean ANYBODY including good old Craigs List If you are there in person to take it make sure you make the person show you that it is totally unlocked and you can use it and use it before paying for it and taking the phone.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Jtzll I wish you was right, but it won't work. It worked before with iOS 6.
After restore, it will always ask the iCloud password and email.
Edit: the kid deleted the post I was replying. Grrr next time I'll quote.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you buy an iPhone on Craigslist...make sure the person does a full reset and deactivates find my iPhone IN FRONT OF YOU.

If you buy an iPhone on eBay...request those things be done before shipping, and if they are not, immediately file a claim...if they don't respond, request a refund from PayPal.

(this will be copied and pasted any time someone posts this stuff)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If you buy an iPhone on Craigslist...make sure the person does a full reset and deactivates find my iPhone IN FRONT OF YOU.

If you buy an iPhone on eBay...request those things be done before shipping, and if they are not, immediately file a claim...if they don't respond, request a refund from PayPal.

(this will be copied and pasted any time someone posts this stuff)

Stickie time!

Marcio Bettencourt

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
use tinyumbrela to find to wich ios versions you can downgrade, download the ios you want to downgrade to, use redsnow to downgrade & jailbreak, it can be done because i did it.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
use tinyumbrela to find to wich ios versions you can downgrade, download the ios you want to downgrade to, use redsnow to downgrade & jailbreak, it can be done because i did it.

Would not matter, iTunes will still ask for the Apple ID & password to activate the iPhone even if you install iOS 6 on it.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox