Serious iPhone 5 problem.

Ian Kelevra

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
A few days back, my music on the iPhone 5 started pausing itself. With that said, I'm referring to the native music player on the iPhone/iOS 7, mind you, not any app such as Spotify, Rdio, etc, as I haven't tried those.

The music has started pausing more and more frequently, sometimes when I turn off the screen, when I recieve a text or after a call. The music also has a tendency to go off after I've finished a call, or that Siri automatically starts, interrupting the current music playing.
I've Googled the issue loosely for a few weeks back and forth and have found people with similiar issues to mine that claimed that it can be a home button issue and that I should have my phone looked at. That would however not explain why my music keeps pausing, fast forwarding, skipping songs etc.

It has now gotten to the point where I get the urge to impulsively bounce the phone of a brick wall or break it in half out of mere frustration. And no, my device is not jailbroken.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try the following, if you haven't already:

1. Reboot your device
2. Go to Settings->General->Music and see if "Shake to Shuffle" is enabled. If so, disable it and see if that fixes he problem.
3. If the music you are referring to is music that is physically on the device and not being streamed, then you may want to back up your device via iTunes and then restore it.
4. If you are uncomfortable with restoring your device, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.

Last edited:

April Miller1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I know that this is an old forum, but I have recently started having the same problems with my 5S. Did you ever figure out what was going on or find a solution to the problem? Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner