Hi Guys,

I'm studying for a degree in Software development. I have a MacBook Pro Retina, which I adore. I did have an iPad 3rd gen until recently, but I sold it with the intention of getting a 5th Gen (iPad Air).

I've recently taken delivery of an iPad air, but there are a few issues with book spine down the one side. I've since seen an 11' MacBook Air, which I really liked. I'm just not sure which would be best for me. I don't really use my iPad for gaming, mainly browsing and YouTube. I use my MBP for photo editing, bit of coding (although this will become more frequent).

My Macbook Retina is too big to be carried every day. It was bought with the intention of being used as a desktop replacement.

So...Which would be best... an iPad Air (32GB/LTE) with bluetooth keyboard, or i7 8GB 11" Macbook Air?
    11-19-2013 07:27 AM
    iPad Air
    11-19-2013 07:42 AM
    If you are using it mainly for browsing and YouTube then iPad air all the way. You could always get a keyboard if you wanted to make it easier to type
    11-19-2013 08:13 AM
    An iPad with a bluetooth keyboard is no substitute for a real laptop but since you already have a computer at home, you will probably appreciate the versatility of the Air. A Macbook Air isn't really going to give you any more functionality and while an 11'' laptop is much more mobile than a 15'' laptop, you'll probably be disappointed by how underpowered the Air is compared to the MBP.

From the money you would save by going with an iPad instead, you could always buy an inexpensive chromebook and remote into your rMBP if you really need that laptop form factor away from home and don't feel like hauling your big laptop around.
    11-19-2013 08:41 AM