Maggie

I

iMore Question

I have rented a film for my iPad air... The cover for the film is not showing on the "rented" screen just a grey square... When I tap the grey square to view the film the next page shows an arrow indicating " play" then when I tap the arrow a message saying the film is rented but not downloaded ... That I should go to download .... HOW??? WHERE???
Please say a few magic words to solve my problem ... I have searched all over .

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore, I would start with restarting your device to do so just hold down the power button until you see the Slide to power off dialogue, swipe it .. Once off turn your iPad back on and try again, this usually solves this type of problem as iTunes is known to be a little finicky at times.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Was it rented from the Apple movie store> If so you have no problem deleting it, Hard reset your iPad Air (Congrats) by holding down the power button and home button until you see the apple logo and let go. That will get rid of your old cache and do a proper reset. Now go back and redownload the the movie - WARNING: Before all this make sure you can redownload the movie again and there is a time limit on the rental so that you can do that. If so, The go ahead and do it and now try again. Sometimes things can hang up but you can always try what I suggested to reverse it. Good luck and let us know.
One last thing for some reason none of this works as a last resort call Apple tech support for help with this issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73