Hey guys, sorry for asking a potentially dumb question, but I HAVE been searching and found nothing. So here's the issue...I have an alarm set to go off at a certain time each morning. It goes off as it's supposed to, and as I'm sure most of us are guilty of...I tap the screen to "snooze" the alarm. I generally end up getting out of bed before the snooze is up so I can go grab my shower. At first I thought that by waking the device (swiping to unlock) would disable the snooze. Nope...when I got out of my shower I could hear the alarm going off again. THIS morning I noticed that on the lock screen, the snooze message could be swiped away. I figured "ooh! THIS is how I disable the snooze!" WRONG! Again when I came back in after my shower, the alarm is going off again. So...how do I actually disable the snooze once it's in effect? Thanks in advance!
    Glock Rock likes this.
    11-14-2013 08:35 PM
    Well I as well I have an alarm set for the same time 5 days a week to go off and in terms of the word 'Snooze' when the alarm goes off I just simply hit or tap the power button one quick time and it cancels the alarm period until the next day at that time. I hope this might be what you are looking for or at least this is one sure way of cancelling the alarm that time and day without it coming back on.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-14-2013 09:52 PM
    Jag is right it's the best way but your question has a point I use my i5 as my primary and only alarm clock these day as it's super reliable works in silent mode and on Do Not Disturb I'm guessing Apple wanted it to be a fail safe wake up app

Sent from my iPhone 5
    11-14-2013 10:48 PM
    One more thing there are no dumb Question here at imore we are glad and eager to help

Rereading your post you might also try to swipe right over the snooze text it won't hurt giving it a try and let us know if that solved the early snooze problem

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Just_Me_D, taz323 and efn77 like this.
    11-14-2013 10:55 PM
    Hey guys, I can accept the fact that as was mentioned...it's a failsafe way to wake up. When I tapped the screen this morning (hitting the snooze button if you will), there's now a 9 minute countdown timer. Yesterday morning I noticed that I COULD put my finger on that countdown on the lock screen and swipe it away to the right. I thought that action would cancel out the snooze, but it doesn't. The alarm still went off 9 minutes after it was originally programmed to (the snooze countdown ended). It's no big deal though...maybe this will just "motivate" me to get my lazy **** out of bed when I'm actually SUPPOSED to!
    kataran likes this.
    11-15-2013 09:16 AM
    Sounds good😃

By the way there are a few good wake up apps in the App Store to monitor your sleep patterns one I use is Sleep Time you can actually download the free trial I ended up buying the app it has lots of features like go to sleep to music or ocean sound set the timer for 10 minutes before you wake up and the vibrator will slowly wake you out of a deep sleep before the alarm goes off and it will give you a graph of your night sleep pattern

Sent from my iPhone 5
    efn77 likes this.
    11-15-2013 09:25 AM
    Figured it out! Once snooze is active and waiting its 9 minutes to bug you again, go to the clock app and find the recurring alarm that is snoozed. Turn that alarm off, then back on again. It will clear the snooze, and be ready to ring again tomorrow. Works!
    kataran, efn77 and Glock Rock like this.
    11-17-2013 06:25 PM
    I had the same exact question given how sensitive the snooze is. Hopefully theres a quicker way... the disabling of the recurring alarm seems like a pain.
    Glock Rock likes this.
    11-19-2013 09:16 PM
    Hey guys - I am new here and couldn't figure out how to start a new thread. Since upgrading to iOS 7.0, I have accidentally swiped my snooze when just trying to tap in the morning (resulting in almost being late for work). Is there any way to turn off the swipe feature on the standard alarm clock? I have another alarm clock app on my phone that I can use, but prefer the standard one. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    11-27-2013 10:36 AM
    There is not a way to do this, but you can set your screen to a password/finger print lock which will eliminate the ability to swipe to snooze without putting in your password. This might help you with your issue.
    11-27-2013 11:28 AM
    Does it work for ipod 4
    02-02-2014 06:24 PM
    With screen turned off, press the power button to bring up the lock screen. The "Time Remaining" counter for the snooze will be showing. Swipe left and click on the X.
    06-02-2016 08:51 AM