Iphone 5c INsurance

I

iMore Question

Should I get the applecare plan or just get insurance from my cell carrier?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Carrier plans can cover loss/theft of the device where AppleCare+ does not... And there are insurance possibilities other than from carriers...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on what you are looking for? If theft or loss protection is a consideration then go with the carrier insurance or one of the many 3rd party plans like square trade which is $124 for a 16 gig iPhone 5c. Apple Care + is particularly great if you have the dropsies or prefer quick service of course this is provided that you device isn't lost or stolen.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
With all the"Apple picking" going on I got insurance from my carrier. Also got apple care plus for any hardware malfunctions or if I damage it. I got carrier insurance this time out with the 5s because I plan keeping the length of the 2year contract.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've always had my carriers insurance that they offer, Verizon's TEC. When I got my 4S(nov 2011) I had the TEC plus AC+ on it - thankfully I never needed to use the TEC, but the AC+ did come in handy when my power button failed and had to have my 4S replaced. That was the only time I've ever needed it.

I've now moved onto a 5C in Oct and have the TEC again, but I haven't purchased AC+ yet. I'm still deciding on whether I should or not...I have a couple more weeks to do so before my window of opportunity closes completely:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
How much do you guys pay monthly for that?

Verizon's TEC is either $10 or $11 mthly (I forgot exactly), and the AC+ is a 2year 'policy' for $99 plus tax, depending where you live, it comes out to approx $106 total.

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀

Last edited:

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not concerned with theft, so I went with Applecare, as I was more concerned about drops before I got it into a fully rugged case. My iPhone 5C is in a Griffin rugged case and doesn't at all look like an iPhone (The back logo is covered). $99 up front. No monthly fee. Sprint monthly bill is high enough without add ons.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Is like some coverage if I break my phone. Can I get Apple care at any time? Or is it like insurance where you have three days?

Also, is there a plan for just accidental?

Thanks guys! This forum has been really helpful!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on what you are looking for? If theft or loss protection is a consideration then go with the carrier insurance or one of the many 3rd party plans like square trade which is $124 for a 16 gig iPhone 5c. Apple Care + is particularly great if you have the dropsies or prefer quick service of course this is provided that you device isn't lost or stolen.

I thought square trade didn't cover lost or stolen

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711