new iphone setup

I

iMore Question

new iphone setup. Can I choose set up as new for now and restore later and how do I do that. Does the setup wizard come on again or can I just pug into itunes and hit restore ( which will be from my old phone) Thanks - rory

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yes. You can always restore from an older backup even if you setup as new. The exact way you said. Plugging into iTunes and restoring a backup.

And if you have an iCloud backup, you'd go to settings-general-reset-erase all contents and settings and you'd start with the setup wizard again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can set it up as a new device and then restore from a previous backup later, if you choose to do so. If you do opt to restore from a backup later on, all you have to do is connect your iPhone to your computer, and select restore via iTunes, if you're going to be restoring from an iTunes backup. If it is from an iCloud backup, go to Settings->General->Reset and then select "Reset All Contents and Settings". That will bring you back to the point where you are given the option to restore from an iCloud backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods