Basically bought a new iPhone 5s. Set it up, set a passcode, and it does not have any settings to set up fingerprints? There is literally no option in General for it, please help.. I am so confused.
    11-09-2013 01:47 PM
    Settings/General/Touch ID & Passcode ... If it's not there than you likely picked up a 5 not a 5s
    11-09-2013 01:53 PM
    By the way, where did you "Basically" purchase your 5s from?
    11-09-2013 01:54 PM
    I can confirm that I bought this phone directly from apple SIM-free. And I can confirm it is definitely an iPhone 5S as it has the fingerprint scanner.
    11-09-2013 02:08 PM
    Basically bought a new iPhone 5s. Set it up, set a passcode, and it does not have any settings to set up fingerprints? There is literally no option in General for it, please help.. I am so confused.
    I have a similar problem: yesterday the option was there and I had planned to activate it later when I had more time. I got home and decided to install the latest updates first. Then after the update - the "touch Id" option had disappeared. My iphone 5c is new and I've had it less than a week. And so far from researching this, the only possible solution that I've read about is to reset the settings. Which I don't want to do.

{By the way, in case any trolls stroll by...I do know the difference between "know" and "no".}
    11-16-2013 06:48 PM
    I have a similar problem: yesterday the option was there and I had planned to activate it later when I had more time. I got home and decided to install the latest updates first. Then after the update - the "touch Id" option had disappeared. My iphone 5c is new and I've had it less than a week. And so far from researching this, the only possible solution that I've read about is to reset the settings. Which I don't want to do.

{By the way, in case any trolls stroll by...I do know the difference between "know" and "no".}
    A 5c doesn't have TouchId.
    11-16-2013 06:52 PM

Can you clarify what model iPhone you have you stated you have a 5c which doesn't have touch ID I'm assuming you mean 5s

Sent from my iPhone 5
    11-16-2013 06:55 PM
    Okay lemme get one thing straight here and that is that I do not hallucinate. I purchased a 5c AND the option WAS there. Now maybe it wasn't supposed to be there? And maybe, just maybe, "that" was corrected during the update??? Now those things I do not know, but the FACT that the option WAS there...THAT I do know AND For a FACT because like I said, I don't hallucinate.

EDIT: Just googled this and Indeed, the 5c doesn't have the fingerprint scanner..... So hmmnn, I wonder what would have happenned had I tried to use "touch id"option before I had installed the update and it disappeared? LOL....
    http://mashable.com/2013/09/11/iphon...5c-comparison/
    11-16-2013 07:07 PM
    Okay lemme get one thing straight here and that is that I do not hallucinate. I purchased a 5c AND the option WAS there. Now maybe it wasn't supposed to be there? And maybe, just maybe, "that" was corrected during the update??? Now those things I do not know, but the FACT that the option WAS there...THAT I do know AND For a FACT because like I said, I don't hallucinate.

EDIT: Just googled this and Indeed, the 5c doesn't have the fingerprint scanner..... So hmmnn, I wonder what would have happenned had I tried to use "touch id"option before I had installed the update and it disappeared? LOL....
    If you had gone into the setting for touchid it wouldn't have worked because the 5c doesn't have the necessary hardware.
    11-16-2013 07:32 PM
    If you had gone into the setting for touchid it wouldn't have worked because the 5c doesn't have the necessary hardware.
    Yeah I agree. but ya never know, perhaps the hardware is in there but apple just limited it via software? I've seen far sneakier things to be done by corporations. Ah but then again, i'm sure that some hacker somewhere would have figured that out real quick and they would have spread the word right away.
    11-16-2013 07:40 PM

Welcome to iMore we are here to help

You will find that we don't degrade anyone all questions are answered to the best of our ability

Sent from my iPhone 5
    11-16-2013 07:40 PM