Jailbroken iPhone Cydia missing restore didnt help force closing on iPhone 4s

I

iMore Question

So a while back I got FakeCarrier and a few other things on my phone from Cydia, but I soon realized all of my apps were now force closing. So I decided to try and uninstall some of the jailbroken things from my phone, but when I did so Cydia also disappeared, but a lot of my jailbroken apps were still there. So eventually I got tired of all the force closing and decided to restore my iPhone. Well once it was done the only difference it made is I lost a lot of my pictures, and one jailbroken app to make my charger screen spin. But that was it! my phone still had FakeCarrier and MewSeek and all my other jailbroken apps on it and it is still forceclosing and BAD. I'm in deep guys. By this point I just want it to be a normal iPhone with nothing Jailbroken on it. OH and another problem is it won't let me update, I want iOS 7 but it just says "Searching for Update.." forever and never changes. PLEASE smart iPhone people help me out, I don't know much about my jailbroken iPhone and I just want a regular phone again )':

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Since you don want to be jailbroken anymore, place your iPhone into dfu mode and restore as new thru iTunes. That's it

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for registering! Back up thru iTunes or iCloud first and it will save your App Store apps, pics, contacts, data.... Your phone will be back to like it was the first day you took it out of the box

CierraMann

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay, Thanks! So I go to iTunes and back everything up and then I go to settings and do like a factory reset, and then I can update to iOS 7??

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Okay, Thanks! So I go to iTunes and back everything up and then I go to settings and do like a factory reset, and then I can update to iOS 7??

NONONONONO, NOT thru the setting app, thru iTunes. Never reset a jb device thru "erase all" in the setting app. Just back up in iTunes and then restore as new.

CierraMann

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
gosh I really don't understand. The "Restore from Backup.." option that I used earlier that didnt work isnt even available to click on now!!!

CierraMann

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
ALRIGHT haha I'm sure you're annoyed but I figured out what DFU mode is and everything and its resetting now :) one last thing, how can I get all my old apps, photos, etc. back on the phone without it taking those jailbroke ones that stayed when I just restored? thanks for your time and patience!!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Restore from iCloud. Sometimes jailbreak data is saved in backups that's why it's good to restore as new to avoid any issues

resa0522

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Question? If I put my phone in DFU mode will I lose the unlock?? Because I bought this phone from someone and the phone was jailbroken already and unlocked

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Question? If I put my phone in DFU mode will I lose the unlock?? Because I bought this phone from someone and the phone was jailbroken already and unlocked

DFU will not affect the jailbreak or unlock as it's just a status the phone can be put it prior to restoring it but restoring it will. Since it's a software unlock, it will no longer be unlocked as you'll be updating it to a baseband that there is no software unlock for (which means you'll have to have a factory unlock or purchase one online.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit