I bought an iPhone 5s and i have a new sim card which i have activated which makes my old sim card (iPhone 4s) null and void with no 3g internet access.
    I need to Erase All Content and Settings on the 4s so i can sell it but upon doing this i am required to enter my iCloud password which i do, but because there is no internet on this phone i cannot do this.
    Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to fix this problem. I have googled this and i cant find any solutions so i am open to any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Christian
    11-08-2013 06:03 AM
    I bought an iPhone 5s and i have a new sim card which i have activated which makes my old sim card (iPhone 4s) null and void with no 3g internet access.
    I need to Erase All Content and Settings on the 4s so i can sell it but upon doing this i am required to enter my iCloud password which i do, but because there is no internet on this phone i cannot do this.
    Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to fix this problem. I have googled this and i cant find any solutions so i am open to any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Christian
    Use a wifi network
    Just_Me_D and iOS Gravity like this.
    11-08-2013 06:59 AM
    Or restore as new thru iTunes. Either option gets the job done.
    11-08-2013 06:17 PM
    Use a wifi network
    Or restore as new thru iTunes. Either option gets the job done.
    Good and accurate advice from 2 competent members who know. Follow either step and it works.
    iOS Gravity and rdiddy_25 like this.
    11-08-2013 08:08 PM
    Use a wifi network
    I have connected to a wifi network but the phone still doesnt have any internet. cant use facebook, mail, safari etc (it was McDonalds wifi)

Ive also tried to restore thru itunes but itunes tells me to turn of find my iphone in icloud settings before i restore. So when i go to turn that off it asks for my icloud password but when i enter it it says 'Verificaton Failed. The internet connection appears to be offline'
    So what now? im using IOS 7.0.3 if thats any use. Also the only internet access i have at home is through my iphone 5s hotspot
    thanks
    11-27-2013 06:44 AM
    Try another network (also, make sure that "WiFi" is ON in your settings on the 4S. Unless you have a hardware issue with the 4S itself, there is no reason why it should be doing this if you're entering the accurate iCloud sign in information.
    11-27-2013 07:40 AM
    I have connected to a wifi network but the phone still doesnt have any internet. cant use facebook, mail, safari etc (it was McDonalds wifi)

Ive also tried to restore thru itunes but itunes tells me to turn of find my iphone in icloud settings before i restore. So when i go to turn that off it asks for my icloud password but when i enter it it says 'Verificaton Failed. The internet connection appears to be offline'
    So what now? im using IOS 7.0.3 if thats any use. Also the only internet access i have at home is through my iphone 5s hotspot
    thanks
    The McDonalds wifi hotspot may have a browser based authentication you have to go through. If you go to google.com while on that network, does it redirect you to a sign on page for that network?

Why can't you just use the iPhone 5 hotspot for your connection?
    11-27-2013 03:16 PM
    The McDonalds wifi hotspot may have a browser based authentication you have to go through. If you go to google.com while on that network, does it redirect you to a sign on page for that network?

Why can't you just use the iPhone 5 hotspot for your connection?
    Ive tried a thousand times but you cant pair 2 iphones and use one as a hotspot. unless you know of a way to do it .. id love to know. ill try a different wifi at my mates house today. if no luck ill probly go to the apple store

thanks
    11-27-2013 04:11 PM

thanks
    I understand what you are saying and not to say this happened to you but Had the need to do this and got the same message because I was not paying attn and entered my ID and not PASSWORD. As soon as entered the right info it erased everything and I was back to like nothing was ever there. I took care of my problem and that was it. Hey it happens to us all if this is what you might have done.
    11-28-2013 02:18 PM
    I cant do either as ON ITUNES it says I need to turn off FIND MY IPHONE which I cant do as need internet connection to sign in to icloud
    please help on my old phone.
    01-24-2014 09:20 PM
    I cant do either as ON ITUNES it says I need to turn off FIND MY IPHONE which I cant do as need internet connection to sign in to icloud
    please help on my old phone.
    Welcome to iMore. You need internet connection in order to turn off find my iPhone. There is no other way of doing this.
    01-24-2014 09:27 PM
    It works!!!
    Use recovery mode.

1.Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
    2.Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
    3.Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
    4.When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.

iTunes should open and display a message such as: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

5.Use iTunes to restore your device.
    If you don't see your device in iTunes, follow these steps for Mac or these for Windows
    02-24-2014 07:46 PM
    yes it worked! Thank you!
    05-05-2014 10:41 PM
    great stuff
    06-11-2014 11:17 AM
    You sir/ma'am are a genius!! Worked perfectly!!! Thank you for sharing!
    07-10-2014 11:25 AM
    wow, thanks! I had the exact same problem and was googling all over..this is the the only thing that worked. Thanks!!
    08-11-2014 03:39 PM
    OMG I have been trying to figure that out for a day and a half. Thank you soooo much!!!
    08-27-2014 01:36 PM
    Thank you! Same problem here. Your advice worked great!
    09-25-2014 09:56 AM
    W0000t! Thanks for the great find. The wifi hardware is out on my phone and I already transferred the network to the new phone I just got, so I would have been stuck without the advice.

I guess this is also how you reset a stolen phone and reduce your chances of getting caught through find my phone. ...Don't tell the thieves!
    10-13-2014 10:09 PM
    THANK you very much!!!
    10-26-2014 11:57 PM
    Another thank you. My old iPhone 4's wifi is burnt out. I can get $100 for it on trade in on a new phone. amd I want to remove all of the information before trading it in.
    12-01-2014 03:54 PM
    Omg!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!! This Helped me after searching for a day because my iPhone's wi-fi was greyed out and I had to turn off Find My iPhone from my phone and it was an impossible situation until your post!!! Thank you very much!!!
    01-02-2016 12:35 PM
    Cant thank you enough... tried everything..this is fast and easy... funny how here is the only place I could find what works.... thanks again!
    02-19-2016 10:07 AM
    Not sure why but this did not work for me please help!!!!! followed all the instructions but when phone came back on all apps and contacts still intact!! oh disregard it still hasn't finished downloading I will be patient
    07-02-2016 06:26 AM
    it worked for me afterall I wasn't patient enough before but woke up this morning to a phone needing activation yihaaaaa
    07-02-2016 05:54 PM