I have a recently dropped my ipad and have just received my new one, when setting it up I don't know exactly which restore to do. Should I use icloud or I tunes? I have a 64g that is full, movies pics and music. The pics I have already gotten off the old and do not want to transfer, also if possible I would like to choose only some music and movies, is this possible? So now can you help me decide..thanks Jenny
    11-06-2013 03:02 PM
    You can use whichever method you'd like when it comes to iCloud and iTunes. With iCloud you'd be using bandwidth of your internet connection to restore. iTunes is whatever is stored on the computer being transferred.

If you want to pick and choose music and movies, you're better off using iTunes and just choosing from there.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    11-06-2013 03:08 PM
    You can use whichever method you'd like when it comes to iCloud and iTunes. With iCloud you'd be using bandwidth of your internet connection to restore. iTunes is whatever is stored on the computer being transferred.

If you want to pick and choose music and movies, you're better off using iTunes and just choosing from there.
    And with iCloud, even if you max out all of the "purchaseable" storage, you’re done at 55gb... since your iPad is 64gb, you are going to run out of iCloud storage pretty quickly.
    11-06-2013 03:29 PM
    Maybe I'm not understanding this right but you want to know which backup option to restore from iCloud or iTunes? neither of them will allow you to choose what is restored. I would say to sync all the stuff like pictures off the iPad onto a computer then restore from the iCloud backup. This will restore settings and apps and then after the restore you can remove whatever music and movies you want.
    11-06-2013 03:51 PM