How to unblock iphone 4 - IOS 7 - Firmware 04.12.09?

I bought an iphone a few months which was working fine on Tesco mobile, until recently the phone came up as no service.
    Im wondering if the person I bought it off as reported it stolen to do an insurance job or something. I have no contact with that person no longer so it seems I wont be able to find the answer to this.
    I have tried the SIM in another phone and it works, so I know it's not the SIM.
    I would like to unlock the phone myself rather than paying silly money for it.
    If anybody give me a link that would support my phone to unlock I'd be gratefully appreciated.

Below is a list of things that are listed on my phones settings

Iphone 4

Version7.0.3 (11B511)

Carrier tesco15.5

Model MC603 B/A

Firmware 04.12.09

IOS 7
    11-05-2013 05:23 PM
    If, in fact, the phone was reported stolen by the original owner, and now the phone is blacklisted and not functioning, I don’t think that there is anything you can do to recover its use.
    11-05-2013 05:30 PM
    Well all the functions such as WIFI etc are working.
    Im not 100% sure it has ben reported stolen as it isn't. I'm thinking the worst case scenario as I purchased the phone via a friend.
    I was covering the options before I put the question forward to finding out.
    11-05-2013 05:40 PM
    Here's a ?, have you contacted the carrier regarding your issue of no service? And thank you for registering with iMore.
    11-05-2013 06:10 PM
    Start with checking the serial number, see if Apple lists it as active, here:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Then contact your carrier, or the carrier the phone was originally used for, about the serial and/or IMEI, and inquire if it is blacklisted and why.

If it is no longer listed as active with Apple, or if the IMEI is blacklisted with carriers, there is not much you can legally do about it, short of taking the seller to court to prove the phone was purchased from the legal owner (provided the person you bought it off was the legal owner, and not selling a stolen phone from the beginning)

You can always turn the phone in to a recycler, use it as an iPod Touch over WiFi, or part it out and sell it's working components.
    11-05-2013 06:33 PM
    Thread title edited for clarity.
    11-05-2013 06:47 PM
    I put in my serial number and this is what it said. What does this now mean?

Valid Purchase Date

A validated purchase date lets Apple quickly find your product and provide the help you need.

Telephone Technical Support: Expired

You are eligible to purchase telephone technical support from an Apple Advisor.
    Contact Apple Support

Repairs and Service Coverage: Expired

Our records indicate that your product is not covered under Apple's 1-year limited warranty or AppleCare Protection Plan for hardware repairs and service based on the estimated expiration date.
    Learn about Apple's coverage information for your product.
    11-06-2013 05:36 AM
    I've hit the same problem with an AT&T iPhone 4. I've checked the the phone with another carrier to make sure it wasn't stolen. AT&T told me that the information for the phone was unknown after I gave imei number to them. It doesn't work to go through the carrier to unlock the phone. They would give me the code. I have done the dfu mode and completely tried all the above. Nothing has worked to unlock the phone. So don't believe the stuff on the blogs it isn't true you will go in circles trying to find the answers like I have
    12-31-2013 12:45 PM
    I've hit the same problem with an AT&T iPhone 4. I've checked the the phone with another carrier to make sure it wasn't stolen. AT&T told me that the information for the phone was unknown after I gave imei number to them. It doesn't work to go through the carrier to unlock the phone. They would give me the code. I have done the dfu mode and completely tried all the above. Nothing has worked to unlock the phone. So don't believe the stuff on the blogs it isn't true you will go in circles trying to find the answers like I have

Plenty of unlocking services available, you'll just have to pay for unlocking your iPhone. It can be done, just won't be free
    12-31-2013 01:15 PM
    i have figured that out. is there away to do it myself?
    01-01-2014 09:36 PM
    No.
    01-01-2014 09:42 PM