i jailbroken my iphone 4 wanting to use a diff network in my phone but just coming up no service and noo ma internet isnt working even connected to wifi, dont know what am doing with cydia app and just want to update software to remove it b4 i do anymore damage, but been checking for update for hours and coming up unknown device when put in laptop can any1 help much appreciated thanks
    corinne mccool likes this.
    11-04-2013 04:25 AM
    i jailbroken my iphone 4 wanting to use a diff network in my phone but just coming up no service and noo ma internet isnt working even connected to wifi, dont know what am doing with cydia app and just want to update software to remove it b4 i do anymore damage, but been checking for update for hours and coming up unknown device when put in laptop can any1 help much appreciated thanks
    If you just want to restore it as a stock device, you may have to do a DFU restore.

How to perform a recovery-mode restore

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is already showing the "Connect to iTunes" screen, please go to step 5.

Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch until step 3.
    Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
    If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
    While pressing and holding the Home button down, connect the USB cable to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The device should turn on.
    Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When this screen appears, you can release the Home button:
    USB cord pointing the iTunes symbol
    Note: If the image of a battery appears, let the device charge for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has some charge, and then start with step 2 again. If you don't see the Connect to iTunes screen, try these steps 1 through 4 again.
    iTunes should automatically open and display the following message:
    Alert text: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..."
    "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

Note: If iTunes not open after two minutes, please open iTunes yourself.
    Use iTunes to restore the device.
    If you see the Connect to iTunes screen but the device does not appear in iTunes, follow these troubleshooting steps if you're using a Mac, or these steps for Windows computers.

Additional Information

Note: When using recovery mode, you can only restore the device. All user content on the device will be erased, but if you had previously synced with iTunes on this computer, you can restore from a previous backup.

Source: iOS: Unable to update or restore
    11-04-2013 10:09 AM