IOS 7.0.3 Auto setting to the wrong time zone

I

iMore Question

So, I have an IPhone 5 with IOS 7.0.3 and it usually auto sets to the correct time after the daylight savings time change, but when I woke up this morning it was an hour ahead like it didn't update. (right now it reads 11:28 even though other clocks and my computer read 10:28) It worked with the Spring time change. When I go to settings > General > Date and Time I can turn "set automatically" off and manually set the time but I would like it to update in the future on its own. But here is the real problem that is bugging me the most, when "set automatically" is on it auto sets to "etc/GMT+7 which isn't right (I live in Fairfield California) and I can not change it.

I figure it must be an issue with 7.0.3 specifically because my sister hasn't updated hers to .3 and her time and time zone is correct

Also I have not recently traveled or even changed cities.

Is anyone else having this issue with IOS 7.0.3 time zones and time? and How can I fix it?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Check Settings>> privacy>> location services>> system services>> see if 'Setting Time Zone' is on or off... if it's off, turn it on...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
my iPhone5 on 7.0.3 changed fine on its own... reboot the phone.

Check Settings>> privacy>> location services>> system services>> see if 'Setting Time Zone' is on or off... if it's off, turn it on...

Also, I am the author of the original question, just so everyone knows

Sarah I believe these are the two answers you are looking for from KCH and also if you are getting as you used +7 can't you set it manually and then once done set it back to auto.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
"setting Time Zone" is on and has been on
Did you try and look in the right spot since there are a few places where KCH suggested to you and try what I added for you to try manually? if this does not work and you are under warranty you may have to make an appt to go to your Apple store genius bar to get it taken care of or if you are up for it...Set you phone up through iTunes as new and start all over again. You Have a few choices to make on your own but have been given some good advice to choose what to do. Good luck.:)

Last edited:

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So, I have an IPhone 5 with IOS 7.0.3 and it usually auto sets to the correct time after the daylight savings time change, but when I woke up this morning it was an hour ahead like it didn't update. (right now it reads 11:28 even though other clocks and my computer read 10:28) It worked with the Spring time change. When I go to settings > General > Date and Time I can turn "set automatically" off and manually set the time but I would like it to update in the future on its own. But here is the real problem that is bugging me the most, when "set automatically" is on it auto sets to "etc/GMT+7 which isn't right (I live in Fairfield California) and I can not change it.

I figure it must be an issue with 7.0.3 specifically because my sister hasn't updated hers to .3 and her time and time zone is correct

Is anyone else having this issue with IOS 7.0.3 time zones and time? and How can I fix it?

My phone did the same thing. I just manually changed it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

There are a lot of "moving parts" here. There’s iOS 7, there’s your personal configuration for auto/manual, there’s your time zone (does/does your time zone change from DST and back? do you have the correct timezone set?) and there is the cellular tower. The problem could be in any of these.

Since I live in Arizona where we don’t monkey around with the time, mine is always correct.

David Peixoto

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
It's happening also on my iPhone 5S iOS 7.1.1
I arrived from Europe to Brazil. There it's +5 h than here.
Always my Calendar is showing now 5 more hours than my phone clock, no matter if the phone is set to automatcally adjust timezone or not.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at your time zone settings in this section: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398433224.581066.jpg that should do the trick

adambern99

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Go to your mail settings. Scroll down to calenders. If your on an exchange server your admin may have preset the settings to "override timezome". I toggle that off. Now all is fine. I'm based in Brisbane and at the moment in Los angeles. Calenders was all messed up. All sorted

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods