iPad memory choice

I

iMore Question

I'm just getting an iPad but have had a Google Nexus (8 Gig) & still have 3 Gig left. I don't do games but expect to use my iPad much more for surfing the web, email, photos & apps. I feel like I could get by with 16 or even spring for the 32 Gig iPad Air by taking advantage of iCloud. I expect to keep my new iPad for 3 to 5 years. My concern is the way the industry is going, will I be glad I went for the 64 Gig?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
With what you have said, 16gb should be fine for you but if you plan to keep it that long you may want to go with the 32gb. Plus they hold their resell value very well also. Hope this helped

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I normally go the route on more space on my iPhone and less on iPad.. I can access most stuff via the cloud on my iPad, so no need for the space and extra price point...

now my iPhone on the other hand.. I stick with 32GB

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
What's taking the most space on my iPad are the movies and tv series.
I have 2 seasons of White Collar taking 5GB each, and a movie taking 1GB, all ripped from DVD (thus with a 544p resolution if my memory is correct).

Purchased from iTunes, this would take instead: 21,5GB for one season of White Collar (so 43 for 2), and 6GB for the movie (Django Unchained), all of these in 720p (Django is available in 1080p!)

Indeed, there are the SD counterparts available on iTunes as well (not sure if 480p or 544p)

Anyway, I hope these numbers will help you choose! I am actually surprised with the iTunes numbers when I dug them up for you. I've always ripped my already owned DVD so far. Yes quality is lower, but file size is way lower as well!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW